To Leave Behind

You sat at a bench in Morioh's park, four other people next to you at the moment.

It had been a while since you last saw them, but Ungalo, Rikiel, and Donatello certainly looked like they were doing a lot better. They had just been released from the SPW facilities and would receive aid to restart their lives again. Although, they would still be watched for a while just to be safe.

They had all agreed that the first thing they wanted to do was see their father again. The three of them had felt as though Dio had pulled them out of a dark time in their lives. Given the opportunity, they wanted to get to know their dad a bit better.

And since Dio only got an hour a week, Giorno had made the trip over as well. So he could have some of that quality family bonding time.

You couldn't help but feel uncomfortable as all four of them just stared at you. So you stood up and got down to business. "Well, then. Let's just get this over with."

You brought out your Stand that was currently in its base form. You proceeded to hand it Dio's scarf that had since been fixed by Josuke. It happily used it, making its appearance shift to that of the vampire.

Dio immediately pulled all of his sons into a group hug. He had been about to drag you into it as well but had sense enough to stop himself upon feeling your cold stare. "It's been a while, hasn't it? How have you all been?"

"I don't know about the others, but I've been doing great." Responded Giorno, a smile having made its way onto his face. He was glad you had at least allowed his father some time out of the void room. He'd try to make the most of it.

Ungalo scratched the back of his neck, "Better, I think. It was tough quitting cold turkey, but it feels kinda nice to have left that life behind."

Rikiel nodded along, "Even though I don't have control over the rods anymore, I feel like I've definitively gotten better at not getting so anxious." He turned to you. "So thanks, (Y/N), for not killing me."

You let out a small sigh, "Don't mention it..."

Donatello glanced over at you, "You did remove all my limbs and leave me in a bent up car, but I guess I was sort of trying to kill all of your friends. I'll forgive you, though." And it wasn't like you had just left him there or anything. You did eventually come looking for him.

You glanced down at your watch. "Is there anything you guys want to do? It just has to be within the park."

"Hey, look! It's an ice cream stand!" Ungalo pointed a few feet away. "Do you think we could go get some?"

"I don't see why not." Dio smugly held up your wallet that he had just stolen from you.

You stared at him for a few seconds and then spoke up. "Dio. The ice cream vendor can't see you. You're just a floating wallet to them. I swear, you always seem to forget that you're a Stand." And so he gave it back to you, leaving you to pay for the ice cream yourself.

With their frozen treats in hand, Dio and his sons returned to the bench. This time you stayed two meters away, maintaining as much distance as your Stand linkage would allow. You didn't want to intrude on their moment.

On the other side of the park you spotted Santana and Emporio taking Coco Jumbo for his daily walk. Bruno, who was still in town, seemed to have joined them. You smiled at them and gave a small wave, leading them to head in your direction.

"Are you happy right now, (Y/N)?" The familiar sound of the spider's voice caught you off guard. She hung from a branch of the tree you were standing under.

Your eyes narrowed. If the spider was here, it obviously meant that she wanted something from you. "Why do you want me to answer that?"

The spider seemed to smile, "You don't need to answer if you don't want to. It's not really that important to me, you know? But you do appear quite... comfortable as of late. And being comfortable isn't very interesting. Do you see where I'm going with this?"