Limited

"The one to be defeated will not be me..." Valentine stood there as the waves washed over him. He disappeared to another universe, having put himself between the ocean and ground.

"When he comes back, he'll definitely drown, right?" Gyro watched the water carefully, looking for any sign of the President. "He can't hide, lying dormant forever... he's going to attack from somewhere under this sea water... Soon! He has to!"

"Sure, he'll probably have to return from underwater, but if he takes a deep breath before returning that would give him some time to resurface. Not to mention..." Your mind was already rushing through all the possibilities of what the President could try to do.

"The President already knows!" Johnny shouted as loud as he could, hoping his voice could carry far enough. He had seen the ear that was lobbed off by a steel ball. "He knows about the rotation!"

You nodded to Johnny, trying to let him know you had heard him. Then your gaze returned to the water. "Damn it..." You could see several more Valentines floating below the surface of the water. "Of course he brought more."

They stood up out of the sea dramatically, flicking their soggy blonde hair.

"His ear! The real President took damage to his ear!" The Joestar was only trying to help out, not sure if you or Gyro had noticed already.

"No... That's wrong!" Gyro turned around to face a different Valentine. "The real one is the one with the Stand next to him! The real one doesn't necessarily have to be the one with the unique ear. He can switch with ones in other dimensions." The Zeppeli was starting his throw when time froze again.

"We have to kill all of them, anyway, though, don't we?" Asked the vampire. "Or else the Stand could switch over to another one or something?"

"Right..." You looked at the one behind Gyro. "That one is in the gap still, so we'll have to hope his special rotation will work." You couldn't exactly try such a move yourself in frozen time, since you needed your horse's movement. "But the others here are essentially defenseless.  I wonder if only one Valentine is allowed in the gap?"

"Perhaps." Dio swiped his hand through a Valentine's neck. Then he grabbed a bunch of its hair and lifted the now severed head. "I suppose this is the one with a missing ear. Do you think he would freak out at all if I threw his own head at him?"

You shrugged. "Not really. I don't think he cares much for the other versions of himself. He'd probably find it repulsive, but that's about it. Just hurry up and kill the others."

"Well..." Dio looked down at his wrist, checking the watch he didn't have.

"Whatever. I guess you just aren't as useful as I thought."

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" The vampire folded his arms, clearly taking some offense from your words.

"Within the span of time you took to 'check your watch' you could've already killed another one." You threw a steel ball at one of the Valentines. While you couldn't do the special rotation at the moment, you could do your regular Spin just fine. The ball slowed down in mid air, ready to move as soon as time resumed. "For someone who can freeze time, your ability to manage it is lackluster at best."

"I just like to have fun with it. Is that so wrong?" Dio was sure you knew this already. "The fights get so boring when I can just freeze time."

"Why don't you say that when you can actually beat Valentine. Because right now you can't even touch the guy. He's just-" You stopped talking as the ball you had thrown suddenly hit a Funny Valentine in the face. It knocked him backward and left him to be dragged under the waves and drown. You let out a long sigh. Time had unfrozen.