A Winner Is You

"...did we win?" Emporio was first to speak up. Pucci and Dio were gone now, but it didn't exactly feel like a victory.

The world seemed to reach a screeching halt as the time acceleration came to an end.

Giorno waded through the water to be next to you. He peered over your shoulder. "I saw Dio give you something before he faded completely. What was it?" The Giovanna didn't seem particularly surprised by how things turned out. Thanks to his Stand's words and having witnessed Dio's inner turmoil, he had perhaps even expected it.

Anasui swung around to your other side. "Probably garbage."

You slowly opened your hand, taking a peek for the first time. "It looks like Wamuu's ring, a scrap of Kars's hat, and some of Dio's burnt scarf..." You weren't really sure what to feel right now. If Dio had just continued to be the cocky bastard you thought he was, it would've been a lot easier. But then he really had to kill Pucci and consequently end his own chance of being alive again in the process. You supposed you had at least been right about Giorno being the necessary person to help Dio change.

"Fuck you!" Jolyne wiped her tears and whacked Pucci's corpse, fuming. She had never gotten the chance to avenge her father for herself with Dio deciding to take all the credit.

Bruno carried the unconscious Hermès as he moved closer to the rest of the group. "I'd say we should take Hermès to a hospital, but..." He looked around. All the buildings he could see appeared to be pretty much destroyed. If the Stand had truly been affecting the entire world, then it would certainly take a while for society to repair itself.

"Hmm... I wonder if he knew..." The spider had situated itself on top of one of Giorno's hair donuts. She was staring at where Dio had been moments prior. Realizing that she had spoke aloud, she let out a quiet giggle. "You see, Pucci's idea of 'Heaven' or 'true happiness' was for everyone to become aware of their future and to be unable to change it. That would be even more boring than what I have to deal with already. If Dio hadn't done anything, I definitely would've killed Pucci myself."

The spider shrugged four shoulders. "Which is why I wonder if Dio knew I would do that. If he hadn't done anything and I went through with my plan, he would not have had the chance to try and redeem himself in any way before being sent back to the void."

The spider started tapping its chin, "But I suppose if he truly wanted to go back to how things were, getting rid of Pucci might have simply been the best way. Just knocking the priest out wouldn't have been enough to stop the acceleration and I've seen for myself that their goals certainly didn't align anymore. Dio never cared about the Heaven plan. He was just using Pucci's desire to further his own goal of coming back to life. So upon realizing he didn't want that anymore..." Seeing a few confused faces, she sighed, "Don't get too hung up on my words though, I'm just rambling at this point..."

"Does that mean we lost in the future you originally saw?" Questioned Giorno. "Before the strings might've become knotted up?

"That's kind of what I was talking to you about earlier. In the future I saw, Jolyne didn't exactly win, but Pucci definitely didn't get the ending he wanted. He got very close, but in the end he was bested by..." The spider looked at Emporio, not finding it necessary to finish her sentence.

Anasui slung his arm around your shoulder, pointing one finger at the spider. "What the hell are you going on about? The only future we should be discussing is the one I have with (Y/N)."

The spider gave Anasui a confused look, all eight eyes blinking in sync. "What are you going on about? I haven't seen a future like that before." Mostly due to the fact that Anasui had died in the future she originally saw,