An Interesting Vow

"What were you doing near the President?" Johnny started asking first. "We just want a little information regarding the current situation."

"Basically do you know whose corpse the president is collecting?" Clarified Gyro.

She shook her head. "I don't know either. I haven't found out that much. The President has a very old map and he's setting the race based on it. My husband is just being used for the President's purpose."

"Does the President have a Stand? Some kind of ability?" Johnny thought knowing it ahead of time would probably be a good idea.

"I don't know... sorry. But as for the corpse parts, the President has the heart." Lucy had seen its outline while watching the man talk from afar. "That was when I found out about all this."

"(Y/N), when you talked to the President, did you notice anything?" Questioned Gyro.

"Nothing that seemed to be a Stand ability. The only particularly odd thing was that I didn't notice when he entered the train car. But I think his footsteps are just abnormally quiet." You shrugged. "But if he has the heart, he's probably a Stand user."

"And if Ringo's note was being sent to him, do you think the letter you found was also from him?" Johnny was starting to put the pieces together. "Are you sure you didn't say anything about your goals to him?"

"Yes, I'm sure. But he probably has his methods of getting the info he wants, anyway."

"You said he thought you were a different (Y/N), though, right?" The Italian was pretty sure you had mentioned something of the sort. "So maybe he was trying to figure out more about who you really were."

"A different (Y/N)?" Lucy squinted at you. "Are you... not the widow of Mister Speedwagon?" She was sure she had seen you a few times when you had met with Steven Steel to discuss sponsoring the race.

"Right... Although, I guess you could say I'm related to her." Which wasn't really a lie.

"You look a lot like her. Are you her twin or something like that?" She took your strained laugh as confirmation. "How odd that your parents gave you the same name." She was sure that must've been very confusing when growing up together.

"Enough of all that, are you sure the president and his buddies don't know about you?" Gyro wanted make sure that there wouldn't be more enemies chasing after you all.

Lucy thought about it before shaking her head again. "Blackmore didn't have time to report to the president. The phone cables suddenly snapped. But... if they know, I'm finished! If the President found out, then my husband will already be dead by now! But that's just a matter of time, too... They'll find out about me sooner or later." Her hope was dwindling.

"I see. So that's what happened." Gyro took a few steps closer to the girl. "All right. Last question. Is that your horse?"

"No. It's a government horse." Her eyes widened. "That reminds me, someone saw me leave!"

"Okay, then." Gyro yanked her by the hood and practically shoved her toward you. "You'll ride on one of the other horses, then." He smacked the horse on the behind, getting it to wander off on its own. "(Y/N) and Johnny can decide amongst themselves. I've made a vow to never let a woman get on my horse."

"Why?" You wanted to know the reasoning for such a vow.

"Obviously because Lady Luck would be jealous." But when he thought about it again, he didn't particularly mind the thought of it if you were the one riding on Valkyrie with him. Well, you were lucky, right? "Maybe you're my Lady Luck, (Y/N). Wouldn't you be jealous if I let another woman ride with me?"