The One Who Loses Everything

Bodies were now scattered in a semicircle around you and your teammates. You did not envy whichever poor soul would be tasked with the job of cleaning the mess up.

Every other person in the casino stepped out of their hiding places.

"It shouldn't be much of a surprise just how many I could convince to be our body guards with sixty million dollars on our hands." Gyro dusted off his hands. "A pretty good purchase, if I say so myself."

"Yo, big guy..." A man with a top hat started shoveling poker chips in his pockets. "Besides all the money, you promised us some land, a building, and a fancy watch, right? Where are the papers? You better change the names on them!"

"Of course. Gladly." Gyro took out the documents, scribbled some things on them, and handed them over. "Now, what time is it, Johnny?"

The Joestar checked his watch. "It's still before sunset! We've got some time before the day ends!"

"We've successfully used up all our things!" The Zeppeli hopped up to his feet. "Looks like we're not going to be turning into a tree after all! Our transaction with that girl is finally complete!"

"Yeah..." You picked Johnny's wheelchair up off its side and brought it over to him. "Except for the corpse parts."

"But, whose to say if we need to get rid of those to begin with? I think it'd be pretty stupid if we weren't even allowed to keep the corpse parts." Gyro opened the door for all of you and then stepped outside. "On another note, we'll all probably be healed up by the time we get to the sixth stage. But it looks like the President is becoming more persistent in his attacks. They probably still think we have the parts Hot Pants stole from us."

"Oh. And it seemed like the President wanted to meet up with you, (Y/N), right? Did you ever take up the offer? Maybe you learned something about his plan?" Johnny stopped in place at the foot of the stairs, wishing the casino had installed a ramp instead.

You hesitated with your answer. "Yes... I spoke with him." Your words earned a surprised look from Gyro. Johnny had probably expected it, being more understanding of just how much you wanted to return home. "Though I didn't really learn anything new about his plans."

"Well, we should leave town before it gets dark." Suggested Johnny as he grabbed onto the railing, ready to hoist himself up.

"G-Gyro!" You watched as he was suddenly pulled into the wall by several roots. You caught the corpse arm as it was ejected from the Zeppeli. You fumbled with the ear popping out of your head. Johnny did the same. "See, I told you we needed to trade the corpse parts!"

"So... we really have to give these away?" He really didn't want to, but Johnny could see the sun beginning to set along the horizon.

"Either that or we all become tree fruit." You grabbed onto Gyro's hand, which was already a mangled mess of branches. You passed the corpse parts over to Johnny. "Or... just Gyro? Why is he the only one turning into a tree?" The Zeppeli was nearly entirely transformed. "Johnny, you have to trade with someone, quick!"

Johnny got out of his wheel chair and shimmied up the stairs. He clutched the corpse parts tightly to his chest, tears beginning to stream down his face. "I-I'm sorry... But if I don't have the corpse parts, then what's the point of me being in this race? H-How would I even get rid of them, anyway?"

Your hands frantically brushed along the wall of the building. Gyro had been completely dragged into it. You brought out your Stand. "Kars, is he still in here? Is he gone?"

The Ultimate Being put a hand on the wall. "His heat signature is faint. If you act quickly perhaps it could still be reversed." He turned around. "One of our enemies from before is headed this way. He has a horse and is heavily wounded."