Hide the Body

As much as you wanted to stay and bask in the glory of victory with Gyro, you had places to be. You'd be back to do a proper celebration with the guy and to collect the five hundred thousand dollars you had won for getting third place after you took care of Diego.

The Diego from this universe would probably be pleased to hear that he'd get second place without having to do much of anything.

The AU Diego breezed past the hoards of people lined up to watch the race. He ignored Gyro Zeppeli and the constant cheering and headed straight for the church. The President had given him a clear set of directions to find the underground hiding spot for the corpse.

He made his way through the cemetery before stopping in front of a door on the side of the church. He got off his horse and opened the door, taking his time hobbling down the steps as he dragged the wrapped up corpse along with him.

Sure enough, at the bottom of the staircase was a vault of sorts. He carefully untied the rope and unwrapped the blanket before he set the corpse inside the vault. All he had to do now was lock it. After doing so, the elevator that was built into it would store the corpse far below the Earth's surface. Supposedly it would be impossible for anyone to retrieve or destroy it for the next eighty years. All good fortune in the world would begin with him.

"All right... President." Diego started spinning the dials to lock up the corpse. "I believe you." Then he noticed a new shadow on the staircase from the corner of his eye.

He immediately summoned The World and had it pin you against the wall by the neck. Strong enough to keep you in place, but not enough to stop you from being able to speak.

Diego peaked around the corner, not seeing anyone following you down the stairs. He placed a hand on the wall next to your head, eyes narrowed. He was obviously suspicious of you. "(Y/N) (L/N)? What are you doing here? What is this? You came here alone?" Nothing was particularly out of the ordinary. He did observe that your hand seemed to be bleeding.

You smiled ever so slightly. Johnny was waiting on the other side of the door at the top of the staircase. He could shoot from there if necessary, but you figured meeting him on your own might get Diego to lower his guard down at least a little. He didn't appear to view you as much of a threat. You had handed the shirt and hat over to Kars, waiting to bring him back out at a good moment to attack.

Diego didn't take too kindly to your silence and continued to shout in your face. "Why are you here?!"

"Well, I mean, you beat us, right? I just thought I'd congratulate you..." You came off as unfazed by his aggressive behavior.

"Oh... I see how it is." Diego tilted up your chin, a smirk plastered on his face. "I won against Johnny, so now you've realized you sided with the wrong people. Even if it means betraying your friends, you want to side with the winners, right? Not that I blame you. It's a wise decision. I'm sure I could come up with a good use for you."

"Oh, really? That's great..." You hoped your voice didn't come off as too sarcastic.

Diego moved even closer, lowering his face to the crook of your neck. His free hand grazed against your thigh. "Yeah? Does the thought excite you? Were you, perchance, also a fan of me in this universe?"

"I suppose you could say that."

Diego gave an approving hum. "If my leg didn't hurt so much, I wouldn't mind doing it here and now. You wouldn't happen to know anyone who could fix this for me, would you?" The hand previously touching your chin trailed down to your waist. "And I know you saved Johnny. If things are really going to work out between us, I'll need you to get rid of him for good. Then we can have all sorts of fun together."