Aren't We Fwends?

You squinted under the blinding lights, your hands immediately moving to cover your eyes in an attempt to block it. Once you had adjusted well enough, you realized you were in the clinic of the prison. You took a look at the clipboard near your bed.

Apparently you had passed out. You didn't understand how that was possible. Unless you were using too much blood or something, there's no reason you should've just passed out. And it seemed like an hour or two had gone by since then, too, but there was a significant gap in your memory. You just couldn't seem to remember what you were doing after talking with Jolyne about Stands and whatnot. The feeling felt sort of similar to when you had been affected by Heaven's Door.

You went up to one of the nurses, "Excuse me, do you know who brought me here?" You figured they, at the very least, must know where you were earlier. "I wanted to thank them." It was really just an excuse.

She shrugged, "One of the prison guards, I think." The lady turned her head to another nurse, "Hey, Joy, do you know who it was that brought her in?"

Joy nodded, "Yeah. They quit like an hour ago, though. I think they've already gone home."

The lady turned back to you, "Sorry, looks like you're out of luck."

"It's all right. Thanks anyways..." So you figured maybe Jolyne could have a clue as to where you headed off to, making that your next destination.

But before you left, you spotted Hermès resting in one of the other hospital beds. She was still out cold, and seemed to have a ridiculously high fever. Hopefully after a while she'd be okay. You didn't want someone dying thanks to the arrow Jotaro gave to his daughter. You still had to find the arrow and bring it back to... Where would you bring it back to? You couldn't seem to recall.

You were signed out of the clinic after another quick little health check up and wandered up to the second floor and to Jolyne's cell. You peaked your head in, not spotting the Cujoh, only Gwess. "Gwess, do you know where Jolyne is? I need to talk with her."

Gwess batted her eyelashes, resting her hand on top of a pile of books, "Nope, I haven't a clue. Maybe in the library downstairs?"

"(Y/N)! I'm right-" The voice stopped as Gwess began to push down harder on the books. But you had heard enough. That was definitively Jolyne's voice.

You stepped into the cell, "What did you do to her?"

She narrowed her eyes at you for a second before breaking into a smile. "I turned her into a cute little mouse, see?" Gwess pulled out a tiny Jolyne that was currently wearing a white rat suit. Gwess' face went serious again, "And my ability can kill her in a split second if you're thinking about attacking me right now."

Then she held the tiny Jolyne very close to her face, "But I can't believe you would just go out and betray me like this, Jolyne. I trusted you, you know? Do you want our relationship to end like this? I'm doing all of this because I care about you, you know?"

When Gwess didn't get a response, her demeanor took another sudden shift. "Just kidding! I was only joking around! If you weren't so defiant all the time, you wouldn't be able to make it to the control center! And (Y/N)'s our friend, too. I'm sure she'll be able to help us. Three minds are better than two, right?" She tilted her head back toward you, "You do want to break out of here, don't you?"

Your first thought was, 'not really.' You could get out of there whenever you wanted. No. Wait a second. Why did you even think that? How would you be able to just leave such a high security prison without people noticing you were gone? Not to mention, how did you even get in here in the first place? You knew you did it because Jotaro asked you to keep an eye on Jolyne, but that was basically as much as you could remember. You knew for certain you wouldn't just burn down an orphanage to get in here. You must have had help, but why couldn't you remember? Who made you lose your memories? Just what the hell was going on?