Registration

"Dire, there's no way I can fit all of this on my horse." You looked at the piles of stuff strewn about your hotel room. Half of it you wouldn't even need. You had made it to San Diego and were just finishing preparing for the big race.

The butler disagreed with you. "But Ms. (L/N), you need to be prepared for anything! I'm sure the race will be much more dangerous than you think."

"Dangerous?" You held up one of the many books that he had shoved in your bag. "Is that why the whole library is here?"

"That's a book on all the edible plants in America, this is a survival guide, and this is in case you get bored." Explained Dire, who still didn't seem to understand that lugging around a bunch of books would add unnecessary weight.

"Right..." You decided to just get rid of stuff after you signed up, when the butler wasn't hovering around you all the time.

And once everything was properly situated, you and Moxy went on your way, waving a brief farewell to Dire. The beach where the race was starting wasn't far away. And all you really needed to do was follow the masses of people who planned to watch the event.

There was still two days left until it actually started, but you preferred to be early. The more time away from people who knew the other you, the better. It was rather tiring being around them as they constantly tried to remind you of memories you never had.

Maybe you'd find some Stand users along the way. You didn't really know if they were even a thing in this universe, but if anyone was, you thought this universe's versions of Dio and Jonathan would be your best bets. You were more inclined to find the latter. Johnny was paraplegic, so you weren't sure if he'd be in the race itself, but perhaps he'd show up to watch.

First you checked Moxy into the stables and then got in line to register. At the moment, two people were in front of you. One had a pink bowler hat and the other had long blonde hair and a wide brimmed hat. The blonde man tossed a bag of coins on the counter.

Unintentionally catching a glimpse at the name he had scrawled on the paper handed to him, you mumbled it out loud. "Zeppeli...?"

"Nyo ho?" Hearing his name, Gyro turned to you, his grin displaying gold teeth with 'Go! Go! Zeppeli!' etched across. He looked you up and down, still smiling. "That's my name. Don't wear it out."

The first thing you noticed was the strange holsters that each held a green, metal ball. The second thing you noticed was his belt buckle. It had hands on it that pointed directly to his crotch. He was definitely... confident in himself. Or maybe cocky was a better way to describe him. You weren't sure how similar he was to the other Zeppeli's you had known, but perhaps it would be a good idea to befriend him. Or at least get on his good side.

"Hey, that guy just stole your money." You pointed to pink bowler hat man. You had witnessed him swipe a few coins the second Gyro's back turned away from the counter.

"Really?" Gyro raised a brow, noticing the short man behind him for the first time. "Is that so?"

Bowler hat laughed, "Nah, she's crazy. I was just admiring this thing in your holster." He reached for the metal ball. "I've never seen anything like it. What do you use them for?"

Gyro rolled his hand along the ball and then touched bowler hat's hand. You weren't entirely sure what he did, but somehow bowler hat was forced to his knees. It didn't look like any technique you were familiar with nor did you see a glimpse of any Stands. There weren't any familiar Hamon sparks, either.

"You'd believe that broad over me?! I was just taking a look at those things in your holster!" Shouted the man.

"If you didn't do anything wrong, then there shouldn't be anything missing. Count it up, clerk." Gyro kept the man pinned down seemingly with just the touch of his finger tips.