Search Party Assemble

When time unfroze, you went about getting ready for bed, a lot more chipper than before. Dio liked seeing you genuinely happy like this. It was a rather rare occurrence when you were around him.

His smile fell.

It wouldn't be the same if all of your memories were altered to suit his needs. It wouldn't really be the you he had come to love. Which made him question his own actions once again. His eyebrows furrowed. God, what was he doing? He was ruining the relationship that he had spent all these years rebuilding. The trust he had painstakingly regained would all go down the drain. There was no way you'd forgive him if you found out. Was this whole plan even really worth it?

"Hey, you okay, Dio?" You waved a hand in front of his face. Noticing he was spacing out. "I'm sure we'll be able to defeat this enemy, so don't worry about it. Not that you would be." You chuckled, shaking your head, "You're always the cockiest out of everyone." You got under the blanket. "Well, goodnight."

"Yeah... goodnight." Dio reached a hand toward you, about to stroke a hand through your hair, but he stopped himself. He decided to phase back into the void room instead.

"Maybe we should talk, Dio." Kars was sitting on the couch, sipping from a glass of wine, having been waiting for the vampire's reentry.

Dio narrowed his eyes, "About what?" He usually didn't like whatever words came out of the Ultimate Being's mouth.

"What you're hiding." Kars set the glass aside and began filing his fingernails, "What you've been lying about." There was a period of silence. "Wamuu and Narancia are playing battleship over there if you're worried about them listening in. Trying to help the kid better his sense of strategy or something."

Dio's mouth went dry. He was certain he had been flawless in his lies. "I don't know what you're talking about." He assumed Kars was just pretending to know anything. Playing some sort of mind game.

Kars shrugged, crossing one leg over the other. "Fine, have it your way, then. I don't care if (Y/N) starts hating you again. More time for the rest of us."

Dio retreated to his corner of the void room to sulk. Starting to think it was probably too late to go back on his plan, anyway. If he came clean now, you'd still probably hate him again. He at least felt it was a solid excuse. Yeah... It was too late to try and stop the plan now.

...

You, Jolyne, and Hermès were all grouped up with a bunch of other prisoners outside. A few days had passed since the fight with McQueen and Jolyne had been released from the punishment ward just that morning. During breakfast you had caught the Cujoh up with everything that had happened.

The word had already spread around the prison about the two prisoners who hadn't returned from work in the fields. So you could all guess what would be happening. This would be the chance you needed to find the tractor with the discs hidden in the tire.

Loccobarroco took his spot in front of the crowd, the alligator puppet still on his hand. "Aaaah. It's such nice weather out today. But Charlotte... oh my... What could all that commotion be? Why on Earth did we have to gather up everyone up at the sports ground?" You shifted a little to better look at the presentation over the shoulders of some green haired girl in overalls.

"This morning... two prisoners went missing while out at the farms and didn't come back! They're missing!" Exclaimed the puppet.

"No kidding?! Woaaah! That's some serious trouble!" His over exaggerated acting was almost unbearable to listen to.

Despite being a puppet, Charlotte was shaking with worry. "It's impossible to escape through the farm. Did the two of them fall into the marsh? Or perhaps they got into some kind of fight? Maybe a poisonous snake bit them? I think we should create a search team and look for them!"