To Dance Again

The second Valentine pulled out his revolver, the empty one one the ground drifted toward it, eventually two fused partially together. They didn't annihilate each other, though, perhaps due to it belong to the President. At the same time, he sent D4C out to try and attack Johnny.

D4C's arm was spiraling out, preventing the punch from landing properly. As Valentine shot his gun, you placed yourself in front of Johnny.

While there was still time for Dio to use his time stop and just flick the bullet away, you were a little curious to see how the President would react to shooting you. The spider seemingly hadn't told him very much about your... situation, so you wondered if he would fear killing you.

"(Y/N)...?" Johnny knew you would be fine, but it was still a little jarring to watch you get shot.

"I..." Valentine froze in place, mouth left slightly agape. He looked from the gun in his hand to the blood oozing out of the hole in your upper back. Had he shot you in the heart? Were you... dead? "I didn't... Why did you dive in front of him?"

You let your body slump forward.

Valentine pulled a hand through his hair, clearly distraught by your lack of response. "Damn it." He grit his teeth. "This is all your fault Johnny! If you had just let me kill you, (Y/N) would still be alive."

Johnny held onto you tightly, definitely not just using the moment as an excuse to hug you. "Why don't you just find another one in a different universe? Replace her. That'll solve everything, won't it? Just like you wanted to do with Gyro."

"Nonsense." Valentine shook his head, his voice rising. "The (Y/N) in front of me is the one I wanted, not any of the others. Do you have any idea how long it would take for me to find a (Y/N) with the exact same personality? Or one that went through the exact same set of experiences?"

Johnny had tired of the monologuing by now and decided to cut it short this time by shooting Valentine in the throat. With another three to the chest, the President soon found his knees buckling from under himself. The blood pouring out was almost never ending. A final nail through the skull sent his body falling backwards.

D4C shattered into pieces and Valentine's body continued spiraling. He, along with his dad's handkerchief, wound up being practically sucked into the ground.

Johnny let out a shaky breath. "Oh, thank God it's over. I think he's finally dead for real this time..."

You pulled back from Johnny a little, letting your wound heal up on its own. "It certainly took long enough, didn't it? We probably killed at least a dozen Valentines by now."

"No kidding." He took you by the hand, standing up with you at the same time. He was excited to wake Gyro up and tell him the results of the battle. He stopped midway, though, realizing you were staring at him.

"Johnny... you just... did you just...?" You were staring at his legs.

It took him a moment to realize what you were getting at. "I-I'm standing! (Y/N)," He wrapped his arms around you, lifting you up slightly as he spun you around in a circle. "I can walk again!"

"That's great! It must be because you used the special Spin." You waited for him to set you back down on the ground. "We should properly fix up Lucy and Gyro's wounds now, though." You held up Hot Pant's spray, giving it a little shake. "And if you can find your hand, we can reattach it."

Johnny kept his remaining hand on your waist for a moment, a big smile on his face. "Okay." He called Slow Dancer over. "I think I know where it is." For the first time since the race started, he could get onto his horse without having to use Spin. "I'll be quick."