Tea Time

Looking at the billboard showing the scores for the second stage, you nearly laughed out loud. All of this work to try and get first place when a racer by the name of Hot Pants had already passed through the finish line an hour ago.

"What the...? Already passed the finish line?" Gyro slowly stood up and hobbled closer to the scoreboard, needing to be sure he wasn't hearing or seeing things.

"With everyone traveling at different paces, I guess something like this was bound to happen in at least one of the stages." Johnny wasn't taking the news too badly. Even if he would've been first if not for someone coming through earlier. "But even if they are an hour ahead of us in the fourth stage, our horses really need some rest right now. Valkyrie is even still bleeding from the rock Dio spat. That bastard..." He had just known that the guy would try and pull some kind of underhanded tactic.

"That's fine by me. They barely got any rest last night, anyway, since we left right after beating Ferdinand." You unmounted Moxy before going over to the refreshment table, talking to the SBR employee in charge of it. "Could I have a large cup of water, please?"

"Sure thing." The guy filled a tall glass to the brim before handing it to you.

You began walking over to Gyro, but you were stopped when Kars pulled you aside, behind one of the buildings. "What is it?"

"I don't know if you'd want to do anything with this information, but I just thought you should be aware before you continue on with the stage." Kars gently grabbed you by the arm. "Earlier, when Gyro had given you the corpse arm, you seemed a little more... alive than usual. And I felt different, too. More real, you might say."

"Oh? Then if I collected all the corpse parts, do you think...?" You trailed off as Kars just shrugged. "I guess we'll see what happens when we get our hands on more of them. Thanks for telling me."

"Of course." He brushed a strand of hair out of your face before taking his leave.

When you walked back out into the open, Gyro was looking around in circles until he spotted you. "(Y/N), where were you? I thought you might've been attacked or something."

"I was just getting some water for you." You held the glass out to him. With all the water squeezed out of himself, you were sure he needed to stay hydrated. "Now, let's go pick up all the stuff you threw before someone tramples over it."

"That's... probably a good idea." Gyro chugged down the glass of water and followed after you.

It didn't take too long to gather all of his stuff. Most of it was still soggy from the lake and would probably need to dry out. Gyro also made sure to take care of Valkyrie's wound.

Before long, you were sitting at a table with both the Joestar and the Zeppeli. A map was unrolled in the center.

"The fourth stage ends in Kansas City, so it seems like it would probably take around twenty one days to get there." You pointed to it on the map. "But I can't think of anything that makes me think 'turbo' on the journey over."

"Not to mention, Dio will most certainly be after the next part. We'll have to find it before he does." Gyro was now ready to do his fair share in finding the corpse parts.

"Speaking of Dio, didn't you mention knowing someone by the same name, (Y/N)?" Johnny was pretty sure he heard your Stand saying something about having to deal with a different Dio all the time. "Wait a second..." He was starting to think through some possibilities. "You said once that you have five people your Stand can become, but we've only met four. Is the last one someone named Dio?"

Seeing how you reacted, Gyro's jaw dropped a tad. "No way. Was he actually right? And is he as much of asshole as Diego is? Can we meet him?"

"I'd say he's a lot worse than Diego. He's the one who killed the Jonathan I knew, along with many other people..." Though you had also known Dio for a lot longer than Diego. And being a vampire and all that, he'd had way more time to do terrible things. If Diego lived long enough, perhaps he'd end up being just as bad. "Why would you want to meet him, anyway?"