Kill Me Once, Shame on You

Several steel balls spun around Gyro. "I was using the echoes of the rotation of my steel balls to pinpoint the enemy! He's to Johnny's left! He's been traveling through the shadows of the rubble to finish you off! I can feel his location!" He watched as Johnny started turning his head. "Right there! He just stopped!"

So Johnny shot in the direction he was facing.

"You hit him!" From what you could see, he was some guy wearing a military helmet. He had been hit in the torso. You dodged a knife thrown at you by Dio and rolled backward to avoid a slice of Kars's arm blade. You were lucky the imitations didn't seem to have quite the level of speed the real ones had. And if the Dio imitation could freeze time, you were sure he would've done so already.

Upon glancing behind you, you noticed something shiny on the ground. You let out a small laugh, realizing it must be the simple dagger given to you by...

You were ripped from your thoughts as Johnny fired again, this time hitting the enemy in the throat.  The Stand behind him, Civil War, seemed to break apart. All the illusions, people and things alike, began to melt away.

The enemy clutched his throat as blood gushed out. "Good, Johnny... ugh... This is good. My final attack is finally complete. People must sacrifice something in order to move forward. You sacrificed me to advance. This is what you've done. You've finally killed me. Do you understand? This is what I wanted you to do, Johnny Joestar! To bear the burden of everything I've discarded! You receive all the sins I discarded in my past!" He finally collapsed into the rubbish. "Now my past is purified."

"What was he talking about? Just now, what was he saying?" Johnny was starting to get a little worried that the fight might not be over just yet.

"That he passed his sins onto you, I guess." You started helping Gyro up to his feet.

"Finally." The enemy emerged from a lamp. "My Stand, Civil War, is complete."

"Bastard!" But before Johnny could shoot again, his wrists were grabbed by one of the many bodies now shambling about the room. "What the hell is this?!"

Gyro fell back to the ground, clawing at his face again now that the purple plastic was suddenly covering him again. You went to pour some water on him only to find that your canteen was now empty.

"I don't think I see more of your stuff around, so I suppose that's good." Spoke Kira. "The only thing still around are those zombie-like creatures."

"I've sacrificed many things in order to advance to where I am now. Even more so than normal people." Axl Ro began what you assumed might become a lengthy monologue. "Perhaps that's why I received a Stand like this. In order to receive the corpse I had to give up all my sins. The moment you killed me, everything I threw away became yours and thus I was able to come back. It all happened back in 1863-" He quickly dropped to to the ground, dodging the steel ball you had thrown at him. "Hey, what the fuck?! I'm telling a story here!"

You caught the ball as it bounced back to you. "And? We're still in the middle of a battle." You started kicking away or pulling off the dead soldiers gabbing at Johnny so that Kira could more safely blow them up.

Dozens more started clawing at you, ripping you away from Johnny who's arms were quite literally now on the verge of being torn off. These creatures were different from the previous illusions. They were actually capable of tearing flesh rather than just fusing with it.

"Well, no matter. I have been purified and will have the corpse parts." Boasted Axl Ro. "It is my right to claim them."

"Agh!" One of the guys had just bit into your leg. As four more grabbed onto your arms to keep you in place, one dug into the open wound and ripped out the corpse part. You maneuvered your free leg enough to kick in its head. It was too bad they didn't really seem capable of feeling pain.