How's it Hanging?

"Shit! The plane's rocking back and forth now!" Hermès knew that it would be crashing at any second. "Jolyne! We have to sit two to a seat!"

"No! Then all of us would die! Plus, there are three kids here!" Jolyne was adamant about letting the children live.

"Perhaps we could try taking them into the void room? The smallest one might be able to fit through the hole." Wamuu offered a suggestion of his own.

"Putting a live person in the void room? I'm not so sure that'd be safe." You hadn't tried putting living things in there yet, and you weren't sure if a hospitalized kid would be the best test subject. "But the diameter of their skull is too big compared to the width of the hole, anyway." If that Bruno guy had been here, maybe he could have used his sticky whatever to zip them up into pieces or something for easier packaging.

"Are these your seats?" The boy picked up his prosthetic leg while trying to scoot aside. "Well, I'm not very good at standing... but I'll try to get up."

Despite the lack of time to formulate a plan into words, you all collectively agreed on the next course of action.

As Hermès used Kiss to split the survivors' bodies in two and Jolyne unraveled herself as much as she could, you positioned yourself to try and take the brunt of any damage headed in their direction and Wamuu was shoving any important items into the diamond shaped hole.

You squinted as the impact reached the back of the plane, searing flames whipping along your skin. As the wreckage of the plane was scattered about, so too was your charred body. It was safe to say that you did not like being on fire and exploded into bits.

But soon you felt something cold caressing your face. Pucci's hand. "It's truly a shame that you had to be harmed in such a way. Do forgive Versus, he lacks experience."

Dio narrowed his eyes at Pucci. He didn't like him being so close to you, touching you in such a tender way. He coughed loudly. "Perhaps (Y/N) should be given some new clothes." What you still had on was either singed or reduced to ash. His breath faltered as he removed the now blackened scraps of scarf from your neck. "This... you didn't protect this?!"

Your eyes slowly opened, your throat dry as you attempted to respond, but a defiant smile still made its way onto your face. "I... didn't think... it was important..."

"What?! But what if-" Dio stopped himself. He shouldn't even be thinking about losing or Pucci dying. His plan would succeed and that would be that.

"Well..." Pucci looked over at Donatello. "You did win, Versus. But look at the state you put (Y/N) in? You also sent three kids in there. Don't you feel guilty about leaving an extra?"

Donatello scoffed, "Of course not. It wasn't my fault. It's all Jolyne's fault. If only she hadn't called her friend. They're the only ones who actually cared about the seats. And (Y/N)'s still alive, isn't she? She could've taken the seat herself if she wanted. It's not my fault she decided to take one for the team or whatever. I would've just let her get off the plane to come over here with us if she wanted. But no. She had to take the hard way."

You slowly sat up, swatting away Pucci's hand. "Sorry to burst your bubble, but you guys didn't win. Everyone is fine."

The old man walked out of the smoke, coughing up some of the ash that had settled in the air. The sticker on his face peeled off, the boy with a prosthetic legs fell out as the two copies of the man merged back into one. The other two kids were sitting safely on the only remaining seats, seatbelts buckled across their waists.

"The man was going to survive no matter what, making him the perfect place to hide the child." You stood up, dusting yourself off as you eyed the enemies. They seemed too worried about what else was going on to try and steal your memories again. Which was good. Your Stand was currently an amalgamation, so it wouldn't be much use at the moment.