Mid-Terms

It seems I had failed to realize that with all those weeks I spent in anger passing by, the week of mid-term tests was drawing nearer. I had so many notes and assignments that the guys even offered to help, but I refused their help since I didn't think TDL was a fan of visitors. The weekend arrived, and I planned out a schedule. I made sure I had everything I needed in my room and locked the door from the inside. I tried to account for everything, but you know what they say, "there are some things you just can't control."

"Hey, nephew!" Uncle Wu called out from the other side of the door, "Do you know what day it is?"

"Saturday."

"Well, not just any Saturday, La-Lloyd,"

"Study Saturday."

"Nope. It's Operation FYLH (pronounced fil-ha) Saturday!"

"Now, it's my turn to say no, uncle Wu. I'm busy enough as it is."

" . . . "

I sighed in relief at the silence. I went back to focus on my assignment when I felt a sudden chill in my spine.

"Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon."

"Y-yes, Uncle?" I could feel the nervousness creep up on me as he said those words. Sweat dripped down my face as I stared at the door anxiously.

Oh, wait. I quickly went into today's activities that I didn't talk about what happened previously. Looking back at the past entries, it seems I've skipped a lot.

I should start from the beginning.

Victor Chen is the son of the CEO of the largest noodle corporation in Ninjago City. He's been a bully tormenting students since grade school. Unfortunately for me, we've been in the same grade our entire lives.

Middle school was when his bullying began to affect me. People would rope me in with Chen all the time because of my temper. I had so many nicknames then. Most of them were degrading, while some were cringe-worthy.

I got tired of the situation. Dealing with the principal often proved annoying. What's worse? Chen never got called out by a teacher or reported to by students. He never got into detention on multiple occasions. All those happened to me and not him, even though he was responsible for nearly everything.

During the 8th grade, I made a deal with Chen. He would end his charades in exchange for money. How much money? He left it to my discretion. At first, I didn't know what to make of the deal. He was the one who proposed it so, I felt suspicious. As it turns out, he wouldn't accept it if the money wasn't enough. At least it had to be enough to him.

I still went through with it. I thought I wouldn't deal with it in high school. I was wrong. We ended up in the same high school. The curse continued even till now. That's why he went after Kai, Jay, Cole, and Zane.

A little info on the four, I met them over the last summer. My uncle thought it would be a good idea if I went outside for a change, and I ended up at the beach. I sat over by some rocks and set up my chair and umbrella. I pulled out the sunscreen and prepped myself for a quiet nap.

Almost deep asleep, I felt something hit my face. I went into reflex and shot up immediately, only to find a volleyball rolling on my lap. I picked it up and looked for anyone playing volleyball around.

"If you don't mind," A voice said from behind me. I tried not to show how startled I was and turned, facing the owner of the voice.

"Ever heard of a heart attack?" I asked as calmly as I could.

"Well,"

"Coming up from behind someone can cause one to experience such. Did you know that?"

"Well, I'm-"

"And is this ball yours?"

"Yes, it-"

"Take it. And let me sleep." I tossed the ball to him and went back to my sleeping position.

Now, I will admit. Those words are embarrassing. Ever heard of a heart attack? Seriously, I could die right now.

"Hey, you have a nice throw. Do you mind joining our game? It's three on two, so it's not exactly a fair game."

"No."

"Can I ask why?"

"I don't know you."

"You don't need to know anyone to join in beach volleyball."

"Did your mom tell you that?"

Okay, this is officially embarrassing. I always knew I had a bad attitude towards strangers but reliving the experience makes me realize I had a terrible attitude towards strangers.

Today's entry has been cut short because of my uncles, my mom, and their continuous attempts to get me into their Operation: Fil-ha. Till the next one.