A Cold Monday (2)

So, not only did the piece of stale gum I was dragging try to corner me for money, he threatened me with my friends and mocked the clothes my uncles spent all morning choosing (despite my complaints, but that doesn't matter). I was irritated. I could feel the anger rising in my head. For the first time in a while I felt like dealing with someone. The headaches weren't helping either. I couldn't think straight, and Chen's voice seemed louder and louder to me. I wasn't sure what I was doing, but I knew I would end our deal.

This felt like migraines all over again. It felt like a darkness taking over me, making me see and hear things and giving me weird strength and power. I tried to snap out of it. This guy I was pulling wasn't worth my time. I'm not even 100% sure of his name. Plus, whatever I was going to do, I could end up in trouble, and he would walk scot-free.

But something told me inside that he deserved what was coming. That I couldn't let him continue his tyranny and break our deal. That everyone he's ever bullied that I couldn't stop would appreciate this. The voice was all I could think about as the migraine increased. Chen's mockery and pleas to let him go rang in my head. His goons would throw things at me in hopes I'd stop. The stares from the people on the street made me more uncomfortable. I couldn't hear myself. Then, everything went dark.

I woke up the same day on my bed feeling cold. I remembered everything up until when I blacked out. I guess you could say I felt upset. Upset that I couldn't control this issue of mine. Upset that I probably let everyone down again. All their help became a waste of time. I botched everything.

Uncle Wu came to check up on me around 8 pm to see if I was up. I had locked the door, so he knew I was awake. I didn't have the guts to open the door. I didn't want to see that disappointed look on his face. I couldn't face him. I curled up on my bed and wondered what to do about the tests for tomorrow. Everyone at school, including the new teacher, must see me as even worse than a monster. And my friends that I wanted to set things straight with definitely won't talk to me again.

I eventually picked up my journal and updated everything about what happened today. Uncle Wu said there's food in the kitchen, but I'm too depressed to leave my bed or to eat. I also didn't want to bump into anyone.

This is it for today. Time to revise my notes for tomorrow since there's school tomorrow. Bye...