Uncle Wu Lied

It's true and this entry will prove it.

I was on the boat, ready for uncle Wu to take me to TDL's volcano.

After dropping my journal because I assumed uncle Wu was also ready to take me back to TDL's volcano, he told me that he just got an alert on his phone from Micheal's mom. I was expecting it. There was no way she wasn't going to try to call my uncle or at least text. Micheal is a serious tattletale who only tells half the truth. For three straight years, I've had to deal with his mother's incessant nagging at my uncle.

My uncle told me he had to go and I should stay and wait with the ninjas. But I didn't want to ruin their conversations with awkward silences since I can't know who they are so I asked if I could tag along. He thought for a moment before saying yes. He was like,

"Okay, Lloyd but you have to agree to stay at the st- I mean arcade since that is where I'll be dropping you off."

Detective mode was still on since the whole reason for putting it on in the first place was to find out what my uncle was/is hiding. I heard him when he said "st-" but I couldn't figure out what it was then and assumed it was a slip of tongue since it seemed like he had a lot on his plate.

I didn't want to answer yes to his agreement because I wanted to see what was going to happen between my uncle and Micheal's mother, but I had to say yes because- Hello!- it's an arcade! And I hadn't been to one since school began and I was itching to play the new game that came out at the end of the summer. I decided to agree and say yes.

Twelve minutes later, we were coming out of a taxi that dropped us off right at the arcade. My face lit up when I saw the poster of the new video game I'd been dying to play. I turned to my uncle in hopes that he had some cash I could make do with since I left my wallet at the house.

"How about we head into the police station first?" My uncle suggested.

Funny enough, the police station is right across the street from the arcade. I turned back to look at what my uncle was referring to and assumed that maybe Micheal's mom was inside. It reminded me of the time I almost got arrested. Yeah, good times.

"Alright," I said as I reluctantly agreed. The two of us walked over to the station and I must say, I hate going there. The crude stares from officers, the annoying music they play in the waiting room that just adds more tension to the place, and the annoying self-proclaimed officer who goes by the name of Judy Rivers. Yup, I hate going there.

"Why don't you come with me upstairs today?" Uncle Wu suggested.

"Sure," I replied with a strange feeling tugging at me.

I never follow my uncle Wu upstairs. To me, that floor is where all the real work is done. I'm never allowed up since I have no reason to be, so uncle Wu tells me.

"And the trouble maker finally shows up to the party," It was Micheal's mom, otherwise known as Mrs. Madeline Harper.

"Are you referring to me?" I asked. I know it was rude but there's no nice way of talking to that lady if you've gone through everything I've gone through.

"Who else would I be referring to?" She said, a smirk forming on her lips. She knew very well unless my uncle left, she was safe. And there was a very small possibility of my uncle leaving for anything.

"Is this why you brought me here?" I asked my uncle. "Can't I just head back to the arcade or wait downstairs?"

"Actually, Mrs. Harper was wondering if she could talk to you." I stared at my uncle blankly as he spoke. I turned to Micheal's mom and just knew I didn't want to spend any time with her. Her expression was just so... I can't even find a word.