Where is Everyone?

So, it's the next day, and nobody is at the volcano. By nobody, I mean TDL, my mother, and my uncle. I do not know if they returned at night and left the place early, but I do know they weren't there when I woke up. I am not worried, however. It's a Sensei, an archeologist, and a supervillain. There's no reason to panic.

Today was another day to fix things up. It's a Sunday, and I will be trying to mend things with none other than *drum roll* my friends! Haha... I'm so pumped to talk to them...

I mean, it's not like I've actually done anything terrible lately. Aside from what happened with that Chen or Charles bully and my friends, we should be on okay terms. Now, I wasn't aiming for friendship since I don't technically deserve that after everything that has transpired, BUT I was going to try my best... yes... my best...

Today, I decided to dress up. Maybe it was my meeting with that annoying human named Micheal, but I felt the need to put in serious effort. I didn't want to lose what I had with those guys. They were my first friends in a long time...

So, after talking to my reflection for thirty minutes on what to wear, I finally decided I wouldn't be wearing a hoodie. Yes, I also wasn't expecting it. I felt so naked all day. Even though I wore a long-sleeved turtle neck and an unbuttoned button-up shirt like the internet recommended, it wasn't my style. I felt exposed, but I was covered-- I don't know how to describe it.

Anyway, I picked any random pair of jeans I could find and put on any shoe that made sense. All that remained was my face. My hair usually covered most of my forehead, and the hood of my hoodie covered everything. However, I looked at the hair I tied up before going to shower and sighed to myself. Well, it wasn't too bad. I decided to keep it down and brush it a bit.

Maybe I was overdoing it. I was, wasn't I? I guess I was desperate as I hoped to look like a decent human.

I left my room to see if my mother and uncles had returned. I didn't see anyone, so I took the opportunity to go through the front door. It was a huge mistake. Immediately the elevator door opened, I stood face to face with the man trying to conquer Ninjago and his younger brother-- a.k.a. my uncle TDL and uncle Wu respectively.

"Where have you been?" TDL asked the second he saw me.

"Uh..."

"Why did you disappear without saying anything?" Uncle Wu joined in to interrogate.

"Please, calm down," I said, taking some steps back, "I only wanted to go out for some ice cream and fresh air."

"Really?" Uncle Wu stepped out of the elevator and walked closer to me.

"Yes..."

The two of them stared at me curiously. I guess they noticed I wasn't wearing my hoodie.

"Where are you going today?" TDL asked, also leaving the elevator.

"Nowhere..."

My uncles stared at each other before looking back at me. TDL's frown quickly switched to a wide grin.

"Are you going to meet a girl?" TDL said slyly as he leaned into me.

"Woah, woah, woah," I leaned back from TDL, which put my back in a weird position. "That's not it."

"Are you finally socializing?" Uncle Wu sounded like he might cry tears of joy.

"Sorry, uncle. We both know that's never going to happen."

"So, if it's not a girl, why are you dressed up?" TDL asked, leaning in further. I leaned back even more. I'm not even sure how I was still standing.

"I'm not dressed up. My hoodie needed to be aired out, so I wore whatever was left in my closet. Plus, I've always worn this, but it was underneath the hoodie... haha..." I lied frantically.

"Right... And where were you going?" Uncle Wu was having a hard time believing me.

"To... to find food! Yes! There were no eggs in the kitchen, so I wanted to get some..."

"Yeah, no one is buying that. Who is the girl?" TDL questioned as he leaned more.

"Why would there be a girl? Do you even know me?"

TDL finally stood straight, meaning I could adjust my back.

TDL and Wu stared at each other. It looked like some telepathic eye communication stuff, so I didn't question it.

"Well, if you don't mind, I'll be getting something to eat..." I quickly walked past them and hurried into the elevator. "I'll try and get something for you guys too... haha..."

I sighed once the doors shut. I felt too embarrassed to tell them that I was going out to meet friends wearing fashion advice from a stranger's blog.

Once I got to the ground floor, I rushed to the borrowed jet ski. For the record, it's not the same as the one my mother used to take me to school. This one is different and resembles a boat. I don't know the name, but it moves as fast as a jet ski, so I called it that.

I am now at the same restaurant as yesterday. I am also waiting. It has been forty minutes since the arranged time, and I don't know what to do. Is this what being stood up feels like? Maybe they realized I was a terrible person to them all this while and want nothing to do with me?

I would think so too. I mean, who avoids people without giving them any particular reason for nearly two weeks? Oh, right, me.

What am I going to do? Should I order something and leave? What if they are running late? The phone that shows up randomly is nowhere to be found, meaning I can't contact them.

Sigh, I should go. It's been an hour. I've officially been stood up. I'm going back to the volcano to question myself in my depression and read for tomorrow's test.

Till next time 😥