A Warm Tuesday

Uncle Wu got the spare key for my room and entered my room to wake me. He found me asleep in a chair in a probably embarrassing sleeping position, notes piled up on the table. TDL, who had followed in after him, was the one who ended up waking me up. He kept laughing at how dumb I looked when I was asleep, but I wasn't feeling it in me to get annoyed.

I got myself ready for school while my uncles ransacked my wardrobe. I don't even understand the whole point. If they were a bunch of aunts, I'd probably understand, but they're not (all my information on aunts is from movies, so no offense to the aunts out there, especially those who don't ransack their nephews/nieces' wardrobe and dress them up).

No hoodie today again. I was not happy, but I didn't want to ruin their effort and didn't complain.

I do wish people wouldn't stare at me, though. All day at school, eyes were on me. I'm not even exaggerating. Each time I turned my head, people would turn away as if they didn't want me to notice they were staring. I thought maybe it was a coincidence, but it kept happening. During the test-prep period, the tests and the breaks it was the same. It was getting uncomfortable with each passing moment. I'm thankful I didn't bump into Michael today. I don't know if I would've handled his whole... um... vibe (?).

After the last test of the day, I was called to my class by my homeroom teacher. I... don't remember her name. I can't be bothered to flip the pages back to check either.

"Do you want to explain what happened yesterday?"

I wasn't sure if this was a rhetorical question since the answer was clearly no. I decided it would be best if I didn't answer.

"Well?"

What does she want from me? I wondered.

"Don't want to talk, huh? Okay, I'll come back to that later."

I sighed internally.

"Do you want to explain how you got a 93% on your Math?"

Was this another rhetorical? I didn't know and kept quiet. It then struck me. Did she think I cheated?! What exactly did Michael tell her about me that she would think I cheated? I decided it would be best if I answered.

"I studied for it."

"Of course, and I'm Einstein."

How does one get out of a situation like this? I didn't cheat. I don't even know how people do that. Not to mention, I was raised by my uncle Wu, a very strict teacher.

"Miss, all the workings are there at the back of the answer sheet. You can also compare my handwriting with my notes and the other tests I wrote."

"That's what they always say," She said. "Grab the marker. Solve question 8 on the board."

Looking at question 8, I realized this was the question I had issues with during the test. There's no way she expects me to solve that. I failed the question. If I cheated, I should've gotten it right, right?

"With all due respect, miss," I said, in the best way I could, "You're not the math teacher. And why are you giving me the question I failed to test if I cheated? Shouldn't you ask me to solve something I got to prove that I solved it myself?"

"Your math teacher has given me permission to question your integrity, and I can ask you to solve any question I want you to."

"What makes you think I cheated?" I said. Aside from the fact that I couldn't solve that number 8, it wasn't fair what she was doing.

"What's my reason? Ha! It's quite obvious that people like you are the type to cheat."

"People like me?"