Why is Life so Unnecessarily Complicated?

I was stuck and confused. Why did Michael seem desperate? Did he just admit to provoking me on purpose? Why did things become serious all of a sudden?

"...I'll hear you out."

Michael took in a deep breath.

"Do you know what an elemental is?"

"Vaguely... Why do you know that word?"

"I'll get to that part in a sec. Do you know that you are an elemental?"

"Yes..."

"What of the ninjas?"

"They should be. I haven't heard of them using any elements though. But their entire concept fits with what I know of elementals."

"Okay. The reason I know about elementals is that I am one."

I stood up straight, shocked.

"I have a cloning element. Wanna see?"

" . . . "

"Or not... Look I know it may be hard to believe but I am an elemental. I can create clones of anything I've seen. Although, it requires energy."

Michael sounded so convincing. I wasn't sure what to feel or say.

"How did you know I was an elemental?"

"Your inhuman abilities, obviously. I've known you since middle school. As annoying as I am, there's no way I'd fail to recognize a fellow elemental."

By the way, an elemental is an element user. An element is a form of power. For example, fire, water, etc.

"So I've been blind?"

"More like you were brought up differently."

"Huh?"

"If I explain that, I'll have to tell you some personal information. We're not close enough for that, dear Lloyd."

"Don't call my name like that."

"Dear Lloyd~," Michael said in a singsong voice.

"Are you being serious right now? Didn't you say you'd stop doing things like this?!"

"Did I?"

"Ugh."

I leaned on the back of the couch.

"Do you know what I want you to help me with?" Michael asked in a normal voice.

"Get it over with."

"Magic word~"

"Why you l-"

"You don't want to stay here all day, do you, dear Lloyd~?"

"Ugh, fine... please."

"Abracadabra would have done fine, but it's nice to see you take the initiative to ask nicely."

"What in Ninjago City is wrong with you??"

"It's okay if you find me handsome, Lloyd. Everyone does."

"Sure," I said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. "Just say it already. What do you need my help with?"

"Hmm?"

"Abracadabra," I said blankly.

"Aww... I thought you'd take initiative again."

"If you don't want me to shove initiative down your throat, you'll talk."

"Fine, I want your uncle to take me under his wing."

"EH?!"

"He's like the top master of martial arts and one of the oldest elementals out there. Let's not forget he's a direct descendant."

What was this person saying? Uncle Wu isn't that old. And what did he mean by direct descendant?

I decided not to ask about that.

"Look, you admire my uncle- for some reason. However, I can't guarantee he'll want to mentor you or anything like that."

"It's not like I want to be a ninja or some fighter. I only want to be able to hone and understand my element. It's been years since I unlocked mine but I've barely gotten anywhere. My limit is around two people daily, excluding animals and objects."

I sighed. I was still not sure how to feel after he dropped such a bomb. If my mind was acting up again, I'd probably have a migraine and things will start seeming strange. I didn't want that.

"Is it too much to take in?"

I guess Michael noticed I was out of it since my head was down.

"You could always choose not to help me get with your uncle, but then I would still annoy you to pieces."

"Don't ever say 'get with your uncle' again. That's disturbing."

"I know," Michael snickered.

I sighed. I looked at my watch and realized a lot of time had passed since I left the volcano.

"It's getting late, so I should be going."

Michael's face suddenly had a wide smile. "And my offer?"

"I'll think about it."

I turned to face the entrance that we came through, but I had a thought.

"Hey, Michael, why here? Why did you choose this location of all places to tell me all this? And it's pretty far out too."

"You really don't remember this place, huh?"

"Sorry?"

"Nevermind. When you come to a decision, come here. I'll leave the address in your locker, and we can meet up any day of the week."

"Are you hoping I'll ignore how you'll be breaking into my locker, so it'll look like I let you?"

"You always catch on so quickly, dear Lloyd~"

"Enough with that already."

Shivers run down my spine anytime I remember this.

I quickly left and called a taxi. I hurried to the volcano, used the stolen jet-ski to return to the volcano, and climbed back into my room. After taking a shower, I snuck out of my room to make dinner -- fortunately, no one was there. Although, it was weird. Uncle, TDL, and my mother weren't in the living room, the kitchen, their rooms, or outside. They didn't even leave a note.

I was feeling worried but I still went ahead and made dinner. Since I didn't know how long they had been gone or when they were coming back, I didn't make any for them. It was mostly leftover rice and some sauce I made on a whim, so there wouldn't have been enough to go around anyway.

Maybe they went grocery shopping? Could they be lurking around in secret to surprise me? I don't think there's any need for surprises though. Plus, I'm mentally exhausted from today. Did they find out I snuck out and go to look for me? It's not like I'm a kid. I can handle myself. Oh, wait, I didn't tell them that fits of rage have started to calm down. Maybe they thought I went out and started a fight...

Hold on, maybe it was the birthday incident. Maybe that's why my anger levels have been spiking all over the place. It was quite normal over the summer and I only beat up like two people...

A/N: It'll be a while till the next update, maybe about an hour or two...