Hungry Pt 2

So, you're probably wondering why this entry and the last are titled Hungry. The truth is, I'm hungry right now. See, I was banned from stepping into the kitchen, and since no one is around and there aren't any leftovers, I'm stuck without anything to eat. But we'll get to why I was banned soon.

So, Thursday ended with me being scolded by an elementary school teacher and then laughed at by TDL. Despite that, I was pretty satisfied with how the day turned out. The only unsettling thing was that people mistook TDL for being my cousin. Cue the facepalm.

Honestly, however, I would've made the same mistake.

Basically, Uncle Wu has a cloaking tea that makes someone appear differently (I can't believe he didn't tell me he had that). It so happens that he turned out like a dark-haired version of me but with (somewhat) handsome features and longer legs (that's why people thought he was my cousin). Moving on, here's Friday.

Friday was traumatizing.

 It started when I was heading out for school.

"Uncle Wu, I'm ready," I called out. No one answered. I walked over to the dining and found a stranger in the house. I immediately went defensive.

"Who are you? How did you get in?"

The person charged at me, ready to punch. I barely avoided it. If not for those afternoons of being taught how to fight, I would've been knocked out. Thanks, Uncle Wu.

I retreated to the far end of the living room. The person, now standing where I stood, had a wide grin on his face. He picked up Uncle Wu's staff resting against the wall and charged at me again. He moved to strike me with the bamboo, but I moved away, barely avoiding it.

I could only think of three things while I was avoiding being hit. One, who was this person? Two, how do I get out of there? And three, where were Uncle Wu and TDL?!

"You know, you're pretty good at dodging for a 16-year-old," The person said. "Why don't you fight back?"

The voice was cold and dark. I got chills running down my spine when he spoke.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" He asked with an evil grin. At that point, I had suffered a few hits. My stamina was running out, and Uncle Wu and TDL were nowhere to be found. I decided to take the fight outside since it was getting uncomfortable being beaten up in an enclosed space. At least, the outside has many places to hide.

"Why don't you give up?" The person said. He paused his attacking, though his grin widened all the more. His face screamed scary. "If you get on your two knees and beg, I might consider ending this spar."

The person began to corner me. I was soon backed against a window, which was lucky. What's luckier? It was open.

"I'd rather lose, honestly," I said, leaping onto the window sill.

"Have it your way then. However, that's a long way down."

He charged at me once again, and I lept off. This would be the second (or is it the third?) time I would be jumping off the highest floor of this volcano building. How am I still alive? Yeah, I don't know either.

That was the most exciting a Thursday at seven in the morning has ever been. Not exciting in a good way. I never want to do that again.

The person didn't come after me immediately, thankfully. I grabbed a ledge on the volcano, although I almost died. What was I thinking attempting such again? I pulled myself up and surveyed the area. Suddenly, I heard a thud.

"Did you think you could escape me?"

"What do you want?" I wasn't expecting him to catch up so fast. Usually, people who seem as experienced as him would think twice before doing what I did and was about to do again. Or maybe he's so experienced that the jump was nothing for him.