A Long Night

Starting from where we left off, I was lying face down on the couch. TDL had walked in with a handful of groceries while complaining that I almost broke the eggs. Who told him to rest against the door anyway?

"Nephew, I see you're up."

I sat up almost immediately to face Uncle Wu, who had walked in. He wasn't carrying as much as TDL, only a nylon of vegetables. I looked at all the stuff they brought in, wondering where all the sweets were.

That is actually the best part of watching Uncle Wu come home with groceries. Looking through the bags to see if he remembered to get any snacks, candy, or chocolates filled me with joy- and slight disappointment when I never got anything.

"Hello, uncle," I greeted while watching them drop the things on the dining table. Too lazy to leave where I was, I watched as they brought things in.

"Aren't you going to help?" TDL asked, a hand on his hip, "There's more on the boat, you know?"

I quickly returned to lying back on the couch. There was no way I was leaving that chair- or so I thought.

"Nephew, go get some of the remaining things from the ship."

"But, I don't want to do anything..." I muttered lazily. I tucked my jacket (where my journal was hidden) in the corner of the sofa and forced myself to stand up.

"How come you only listen to him?" TDL asked.

"How come you say my name wrongly?"

"I don't. That's how it is pronounced. L-L-O-Y-D, Luh-Loyd!"

I shook my head and dragged my feet to the elevator.

"I forgot to mention, but there's some stuff for you on the s-"

I was up and about before Uncle Wu could finish his statement. I quickly put on some slippers and ran out. My energy was revived at the sound of Uncle Wu having gotten something for me.

I stood wondering during the elevator ride what it could be. Ice cream? Chocolates?! Cakes?!! Cupcakes?!!! Or better yet, ENOUGH CANDY TO RESTART MY STASH AND FULFIL MY OBSESSION????!!!!

Excitedly, I walked out of the elevator toward Uncle Wu's large ship.

"We meet again..."

A familiar chill ran down my spine. It wasn't who I thought it was, right? With hope in my heart for my life, I turned to my right, where the voice came from.

"Surprised to see me?"

I felt my hope fade away as I made eye contact with the psychotic stranger who's been out to kill me. I couldn't see his face, but it seemed he was making one of those evil grins.

"What? Cat got your tongue?"

I immediately ran back to the elevator, but the stranger was faster and got in front of me.

"You're not escaping me this time!" His voice got colder and sounded angry. The stranger pulled out two sharp-looking swords. "I will kill you today, and nothing will get in my way!"

I barely dodged his attack. Unlike before, the person seemed more motivated to complete his mission of killing me. It was tricky, but I made it outside and ran for my life.

I wish I had a clue as to why this guy was so desperate to end my life. Running from him might just become a daily activity at this rate. Or, who knows, I might get caught one of these days with how fast he's improving. Man, where are my uncles when I'm being chased for my life??

Note, I have not been trained to fight armed people, a.k.a. people with sharp weapons out to kill me.

"Running isn't going to work this time! I've gotten faster and much stronger! You won't get away from me!"