6. A Cat?!

Shinso opened the door to his house and stepped to the side to let you in first. You nodded as a small thank you and stepped inside, quickly slipping your shoes off. You glanced around but stayed in place, unsure where to go.

The house seemed fairly simply. From the front door you could see the kitchen down the hallway and right before that was the living room where you saw two couches placed by a tv and coffee table.

"Where's your bathroom?" You asked.

Shinso nodded and pointed towards the kitchen. "Through there and to the left, I'm gonna go upstairs and just make sure my room's clean, I'll bring your bag up."

"Okay." You said as you handed him your bag and started walking towards the direction he had pointed while he went upstairs just as he said he would.

Once you finished with the bathroom, you walked out and shook your hands to air-dry them.

Your eyes widened when you heard a soft 'meow'.

Upstairs, Shinso was sitting at his desk wondering what was taking you so long. When he heard a soft thud come from downstairs he decided to go check on you.

He walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen, tilting his head to see what was going on.

"Oh, you met Indigo." He said. "I was looking for him."

"Indigo?" You gulped.

You stood at the opposite end of the kitchen. A grey cat sat between you and Shinso, it's Indigo eyes were locked on you.

You chuckled nervously and took a careful step towards the door of the kitchen. "Nice... cat..."

The cat meowed again and walked towards you, causing you to immediately yelp and turn, running towards the farthest point you could. The cat kept moving towards you and you struggled to climb on top of the counter, your torso was aching but you fought through the pain until you were standing on top of the counter.

"No way..." Shinso said with a grin on his face.

He went over and picked up Indigo, he held him out and started walking towards you.

"Stop it! Get it away!" You shouted and hid your face behind your hands.

Shinso chuckled and took a step back, pulling the cat towards his chest. "You're actually afraid of cats?"

"No..." You mumbled without making eye contact with him.

You went to crouch down so you could get off the counter, but as soon as you did you felt pain in your torso and winced.

"Need help?" Shinso asked.

You nodded and held your hand out for him. He put the cat on the ground and then walked over to you, he held a hand up to you and you grabbed it as you started to slowly crouch down.

The cat suddenly jumped onto the counter right next to you and you shrieked.

"Shinso! It can jump! It can jump!" In a state of panic, you wrapped your arms around Shinso's head and jumped off the counter.

He stumbled a bit from the shock of you just jumping on him before he caught his footing and grabbed onto you so you wouldn't fall.

"Get me away! Get me away!" You pleaded.

Shinso carried you over to the hallway before putting you down. "You're fine, it's just a cat it won't hurt you."

You held onto his arm and stood behind it, peeking over his shoulder to make sure the cat was far away. "Can we go upstairs?"