27. Moving in

"This is stupid." You grumbled as you put down another box.

Right now, you were moving your stuff into your new dorm room. Your father insisted that you stay at class 1-a's dorm since he was in charge of it and would be able to keep more tabs on you. Shinso was helping you move in as per your dad's request.

"Can you just take a break and lay down or something?" Shinso asked while putting down two boxes. "Your dad asked me to help because he doesn't want you overexerting yourself, and yet, this is the most work I've ever seen you do."

"Sorry" You said while rolling your eyes and flopping backwards onto your unmade mattress. "Maybe if I overexert myself my quirk will come back."

Shinso shook his head. "I don't think that's how it works."

You shrugged. "Got any better ideas?"

He pretended to think, tapping his fingers against his chin as he did so. "Did you try banging your head against the wall?"

"Haha" You said with zero enthusiasm. "Okay, I've decided- You can bring the rest of the boxes up while I take a nap."

"But then I'm doing all the work." He pouted.

You nodded as you turned onto your side and closed your eyes, pulling your knees up closer to your chest. "If you do it all in a reasonable time I'll tell my dad that you were useful."

He suddenly seemed to be in favor of the idea. "Really?! Okay!"

You heard him leave the room in a hurry, eager to impress your dad.

And now I sleep.

-Shinso's POV-

There was no one else at the dorm besides just Y/n and I since her dad wanted to get her moved in first. This made it pretty easy for me to quickly run up and down the stairs, even with the boxes. Now that I think about it, there's a lot of boxes here. I had seen Y/n's room before and there didn't seem to be that much stuff in it. She also didn't seem like the materialistic type.

I grabbed the last two boxes and headed back up the stairs. It had only been about ten minutes since Y/n went to sleep, so I figured I should let her rest for a while longer. After all, I want her to get better. I want her quirk to come back. I know she's trying to play it off as if she doesn't care that much, but I catch her every now and then, rubbing her temples, squeezing her eyes shut, and mumbling to herself. She wants it back, I can tell.

I got up to her room and put down the last two boxes.

Okay, I've seen her room before. I can let her sleep some more while I start setting up her stuff.

Of course she hadn't labeled any boxes.

I sighed as I bent down and opened the first box. Blankets. All blankets. Probably too many blankets for one person, but whatever.

I pulled out the folded blankets and one by one opened them up and placed them over Y/n. Her mattress didn't have the sheets on yet, but if I tried to do that I'd probably wake her up, so this was good enough for now.

I opened up the next box and was surprised to see more blankets.

What the fuck is wrong with her?

I chuckled to myself as I pulled out those blankets and draped them over her as well.

She looks dumb. Next box.

I opened the next box and saw that it was filled with pillows.

"Now this is just weird." I whispered to myself while pulling the pillows out of the box. "She's one person but this is enough for a family of six."