34. Hero Suit

"I think I'm getting better" Shinso said proudly. "Or maybe you're getting worse."

He had you pinned to the ground with your arms on either side of your head, a cocky smile was on his face.

Today you were just practicing sparring in a clearing in the woods. And Shinso kept winning.

You grit your teeth at him. "Watch it."

"Y/n, I have a feeling you're not trying your hardest." Your dad said from the tree he was leaning against.

Shinso climbed off of you and then held out his hand to help you up.

You brushed your hair out of your face and pouted. "I'm tired. And this match-up isn't fair. He's stronger than me." You mumbled the last part.

Shinso nudged you with his elbow. "Me? Stronger than you?"

"I'm gonna hit you." You growled.

"That's because Shinso has been putting the work in. He's been training very hard, and I know you have been too, but you're just a bit lazier." Aizawa said.

You stared at him blankly and then exchanged glances with Shinso before you both bursted out laughing.

"You're calling me lazy?" You asked as you held your stomach with one arm. "You carry a sleeping bag around school!"

You fell onto the ground and continued laughing as you kicked your feet in the air.

Shinso hunched over, wiping tears from his eyes as he laughed.

"Okay" Aizawa said, he sounded a bit angry. "Maybe that was a bit hypocritical, but you know it's true." He looked at Shinso. "Are you laughing at me?"

Shinso quickly put on a straight face and stood up straight. "No!"

This just made you laugh even harder. "You guys are ridiculous!"

Aizawa sighed. "Y/n. I know it seems like I'm being hard on you but you need to take your training seriously. We could be going on that mission any day now."

Oh yeah.

Shinso looked back and forth between you two, you had stopped laughing when Aizawa brought up this mission thing.

"What mission?" He asked.

You sighed as you stood up and leaned against his arm. "Ya know all those times when I said I couldn't hang out? That was cause we've been going to these meetings for a few weeks now. We aren't really supposed to talk about it, but it's gonna be a huge rescue mission."

Shinso's eyes lit up. "You're going on a mission?!"

"Yes." Aizawa answered for you. "Which is why she needs to take this seriously."

"Okay" You sighed. "I know I usually don't take things seriously, but this time I am! I wasn't lying! He's a lot stronger than me, this is actually hard!"

Aizawa studied your face. You seemed to be telling the truth. And it was true, Shinso had bulked up a lot since he had first started training.

"Fine." He said. "Take a break, we'll start again in 10 minutes."

Aizawa walked off, leaving the two of you in the clearing.