32. First Friend

ok so i wanted to write some more about when y/n and shoto were little because i feel like they def had the best friendship ever. so here's the first time y/n and shoto met. enjoy.

———————————————————————————

-from almost 2 year old y/n's pov-

Why did she wake me up from my nap for this? Dad and I were so comfortable, it was so peaceful, and now here I am- wait- where are we? And how come dad got to stay home and continue napping?

Your mom was carrying you into a pretty large house that you had never seen before. You were still only half awake, and you couldn't wait to just fall back asleep again.

"Y/n, we're going to see Mama's friend Rei." Your mom said as she knocked on the front door. "And maybe you'll make a friend too!"

Can I sleep?

The door open and you saw a women with white hair. She hugged your mom and then smiled at you.

"Hi Y/n! Aren't you cute?"

Of course I am. Now put me down and let me sleep, woman!

You squirmed in your mom's arms as she walked into the house.

"Okay, okay" She said as she placed you on the ground.

You stood right in front of a boy who seemed so unique to you. You had never seen someone with two different colors of hair like this, or two different colored eyes.

He was sitting on the floor, staring up at you with wide eyes. One grey and one a piercing blue.

Is this supposed to be my new friend?

You reached forward and put both hands on his head. You were trying to talk, but your speech wasn't the best. Instead it came out as baby talk, a bunch of goos and gaas with the occasional jumbled up words. Luckily you were able to walk a bit though, so you circled around the boy and stood behind him and continued to pat his head with your hands.

Suddenly your feet were no longer touching the ground as you were lifted up.

"Y/n, be nice." Your mother scolded as she carried you over to a couch and sat down with you.

I literally was? Did you see that kid's hair? I was trying to show you.

Rei followed and sat down on the couch as well.

You looked down and saw that the boy was crawling over to the couches, well, more specifically crawling over to you.

He pulled himself up by grabbing onto the couch and standing in front of it.

You pointed at him and covered your eyes, mumbling your baby talk again, trying to get your mom to look at his eyes and see how cool they were.

She wasn't paying attention.

You whined and squirmed until she put you back down on the floor and went back to talking to Rei.

You stood yourself up again and grabbed his head again.

Okay, but what does his hair taste like?

As soon as you put his hair in your mouth he started waving his hands around.

"No! No! No!" He whined.

What a crybaby. Doesn't he know that this is an important step in the get-to-know-you process?

"Y/n!" Your mom pulled you away from his head and sat you down on the floor. She pointed a finger at you. "No!"

Why'd she have to say it like that? Did I do something wrong? Why is she mad at me? Why'd she do the finger thing?