23. Test Of Courage?

You were sitting with your legs criss-cross on large rock in a clearing in the forest, watching Shinso as he manipulated his scarf to grab and toss certain rocks that you had set up for him.

"I think you're getting better" You said as you rested your chin in your hand.

He threw another rock into the forest. "Really?" He asked. "I feel like I'm getting better!"

"Yeah, I haven't had to untangle you for almost ten whole minutes now!" You said with a chuckle.

Shinso pouted and sighed. "I thought you were being nice..."

"I was" You said. "I just like teasing you. Don't feel bad, I don't even remember how to use the scarf, so you're doing better than I could."

"Oh yeah" He said as he brought both ends of the scarf back to him. "I wanted to see you try it."

He took the scarf off and held it out towards you.

You lifted your chin off your hand and raised an eyebrow. "Right now?"

"Yeah, why not?" He handed you the scarf and took a step back. "I'm curious."

"Okay..." You took the scarf from him and put it around your neck. "It's been so long, I don't even know if I can manipulate it at all."

Shinso shrugged. "Just try."

You played with the scarf in your hands, looping it around your wrists and intertwining it through your fingers. You looked up at the next rock Shinso was supposed to throw and took a deep breath as you tightened your grip on the scarf.

Shinso walked over and stood a bit behind you to see the rock from your view.

You threw one end of the scarf out towards the rock and gripped the other end.

"Hey!" Shinso exclaimed as it wrapped around the rock. "You're doing it! I guess you didn't forget!"

You pulled the end of the scarf back towards you and your eyes widened as the rock came with it.

"Nope! I definitely forgot!" You placed your hand on Shinso's head and forcefully pushed down. "Duck!"

You ducked and pushed Shinso down just in time as the rock came flying right where your heads were. You slowly raised your head again and turned around.

"Well..." Shinso said as he also stood up and turned around to watch the rock fly into the forest. "I stand corrected."

"Ouch!"

You covered your mouth with both hands when you heard the voice come from the same direction as the rock. Shinso's mouth dropped open as well.

"Did- did that hit someone?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah!" The voice in the forest said. "But I'm okay!"

Kirishima stepped into the clearing with his head partially hardened. You let out a sigh of relief.

"Aizawa told me you guys were tossing rocks" He said as he deactivated his quirk. "That's why he sent me to get you! Anyone else could've gotten hurt badly!"

"Sorry Kirishima!" You said. "I lost control of the scarf..."

"It's fine! I activated my quirk in time, but nice throw, it was strong, very manly." He said with a smile. "Anyways, we're done with training for the day. So now we have to go back and cook."

You groaned. "I forgot we have to cook for ourselves. Alright, let's head back"

You and Shinso followed Kirishima back to camp where everyone was preparing for dinner.