42. Old Daughter

"We're here." You said as you dragged Shinso into the hospital room.

Eri was kneeling on the edge of her bed, holding uno cards. In front of her was a table with 2 piles of the cards, and on the other side of the table was Aizawa sitting in a chair and holding his own cards.

"Alright" Aizawa said as he held his cards out to you and stood up. "Take over for me, you can deal Shinso in, I have to go do some shopping."

"Pfft" You scoffed while taking the cards from him. "You don't shop."

Aizawa glanced and Eri and then back at you. You quickly got the message; he was going shopping for stuff for her.

"Okay" You said as you sat next to Eri and leaned your elbow on top of her head, causing her to look up at you. "Have fun shopping"

Before Aizawa left the room he put a hand on Shinso's shoulder and leaned close to his ear so that Eri wouldn't hear.

"Don't get too close to Eri" He whispered. "She still can't control her quirk too much."

Shinso was starting to think he should be worried.

He gulped and nodded as Aizawa left the room, closing the door behind him.

But you had assured him that he wouldn't get rewinded, so he shouldn't worry, right?

Shinso slowly walked over to the chair that Aizawa was previously sitting in and sat down, picking up a few cards from one of the piles.

Eri put her cards down on the bed and scooted behind you, wrapping her arms around your torso and peeking her head over your shoulder.

"I don't know him" He whispered in your ear.

Of course her whispering skills weren't too great and Shinso still heard her. She was six. What did you expect?

"That's Toshi" You whispered back to her using the same volume she had used. "He's nice, don't worry. I wouldn't let bad people near you."

"Toshi..." She whispered as she narrowed her eyes at Shinso.

"Hi" Shinso waved. "You must be Eri. I'm Shinso, but you can call me Toshi if you want."

Eri leaned closer to your ear. "His hair is messy"

Shinso's face dropped.

"And he looks upset. And tired. And-"

"I like his hair." You whispered to her. "But I think you're onto something, keep going."

You pulled your legs onto the bed and huddled over to the furthest corner from Shinso with Eri so that you two could gossip.

Shinso just heard a bunch of muffled whispering as he watched your backs. You started laughing at something Eri said before he finally had enough.

"I thought we were playing cards?" Shinso asked loudly to get both of your attention.

You settled down your laughter before turning back around and scooting over to the edge of the bed again. "Very well. Eri, let's beat him in uno."

Eri nodded her head as she also scooted back over to the edge of the bed, kneeling and picking up her cards so she was in her original position.