14. Rain

The next day you managed to stay in class 1-c and surprisingly no one came to get you.

"Morning" You greeted when Shinso walked in and sat at his seat next to you.

He folded his arms on the desk and put his head down.

"Morning." He mumbled.

You glanced over at him. "That didn't sound too good. You okay?"

He shook his head and then sighed as he turned to face you. "We can't find Indigo. I thought he was just hiding somewhere but this morning his food bowl was still full. I hope he didn't get out, that would be bad."

"Are cats not supposed to go out?" You asked.

"Indigo's an indoor cat." He explained. "He could get sick or something if he got out."

"Oh" You said quietly. "I hope you find him, and I hope he didn't get out."

"Me too" Shinso mumbled as he turned his face back into his arms.

The teacher walked into the room and began the lesson. You couldn't help but feel bad for Shinso, you knew he loved that cat, even if you didn't really get why.

-

Once school ended you walked down to the exit with Shinso.

"Huh." You said as you looked out at the light drizzle falling from the sunny sky. "Sun shower?"

"It's supposed to storm later today." Shinso said.

"Glad it's not storming right now. I didn't bring an umbrella." You said.

Shinso sighed. "I hope the storm isn't too bad if Indigo did get out."

You nodded. "I hope you find him before then"

"I'll try." Shinso said as he walked off. "Bye"

"Bye"

-

By the time you made it home it was completely storming. You ran inside and quickly shut the door.

"Ugh" You groaned.

Storms are only good when I don't get accidentally caught in them.

Your phone vibrated from your pocket and you pulled it out to see a text message from your dad.

Dad

I have to stay late at the
school today. Tell Shinso
to just train at his house for
the day.

I'm a messenger bird apparently.

You rolled your eyes as you pulled up your messages with Shinso and texted him.

u dont have to come
over for training today

just train on ur own

You thought for a moment before deciding to add something.

did you find indigo

Intolerable Troll

not yet

he probably got out

sorry

You put your phone down and sighed as you went up the stairs.