49. Escalate

Shinso was laying on his bed, dragging his hands down his face as he stared up at the ceiling.

He just couldn't get the idea of you and Todoroki out of his head.

Just then there was a knock at his door. Maybe it was you, deciding that you didn't care if he didn't want to talk about it. You would be the type to do that. Maybe he even hoped it was you.

But when he opened the door, instead of being met with your presence, he was instantly restricted with a grey scarf.

"A-Aizawa-" Shinso stuttered. He was not expecting this. "I didn't-"

"You think that my daughter would stoop that low?" Aizawa asked in a low voice as he stepped into Shinso's room and kicked the door closed with his foot. "Don't accuse her of things that you thought up with your own jealousy."

"I didn't accuse her of anything" Shinso said.

"We all heard you." Aizawa said. "Everyone on the observation deck heard you and we all knew what you were getting at. You were accusing her. You for whatever reason, thought that she was going behind your back with Todoroki. Which is absolutely ridiculous."

Shinso reached up to take a loop of the scarf off his neck but his hand was restrained by another loop. "You're kind of strangling me-" He said weakly.

Aizawa took a deep breath before completely retracting his scarf. "Y/n and Todoroki are nothing but friends. They have known each other since they were two. I don't know if Y/n told you, but they stopped hanging out when her mother died and his mother was sent to a hospital. Now that they are in the same school, they are friends again, and I'm glad about that. I've been watching Y/n shut herself in for years now and I'm so glad that she is finally bringing her walls down. I'm glad that she has met you too, I think you're very good for her."

"But" Aizawa said as he held up a finger. "You just thought the worst about her and let it consume you. I was able to convince her that you were just not thinking clearly, and I still believe that- but then when she went to talk to you about it and you said you didn't want to, it shattered her."

"I didn't mean to..." Shinso mumbled. "I just- Todoroki told me that he loves her." He blurted out. "And it never bothered me that him and her are friends before, but now it's all I can think about! And then during their match I saw how worried she was about him and I heard the way she called for him- and I did, I did let the worst thoughts consume me."

Shinso looked down at his feet. "I know she would never do that. I was just upset. I was upset and I got mad at her."

"So what are you still doing here?" Aizawa asked.

Shinso didn't say anything and he stared at the door as Aizawa opened it and stepped to the side.

"Go!" Aizawa said after staring at Shinso's unmoving body for another moment. "Hurry!" He gestured his head towards the door.

Shinso came to his senses and ran out the door. "Thank you, Aizawa!"

Aizawa stood in the doorway by himself, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Two boys love my daughter..." He mumbled.

He shook his head and closed the door to Shinso's room before walking down the hallway. "Jesus, teens are so- ugh."

-

You were still crying into your pillow when there was a knock at your door. You quickly sat up and wiped your eyes.

"O-one second!" You called.

You grabbed the pillow and flipped it over to hide the tear stains on it.