48. Lover's Quarrel

Shinso couldn't get it out of his mind. The way you called for Todoroki during your match. It kept replaying. Over and over again, almost mockingly.

Why did you call him by his first name? He had heard you do that before and he just brushed it off, but this time felt different for some reason. The look on your face as you tried to get to him, the concern in your voice as you shouted for him. Something about it was irking Shinso.

Aizawa nudged Shinso with his elbow, knocking him out of his thoughts.

"Tell me how they messed up." Aizawa said. "Both teams. Go."

"Um..." Shinso muttered. "They uh- I don't..."

Aizawa sighed. "Hey, stop worrying about whatever you're worrying about and watch the matches. If you watch closely you will learn."

Aizawa started walking off. "Y/n's team relied too much on Todoroki and Todoroki started the attack with his ice, if he started with flames they would've won. The other team underestimated Y/n and didn't understand her quirk properly. Y/n also was not focused."

Shinso nodded. "Yeah, yeah..."

"Now you focus." Aizawa said before completely walking off.

-

By the time you got to Recovery Girl's office she had already gotten your glasses and eye drops for you. You put a few drops in each eye, it barely helped but it was better than nothing. You put your glasses on and sighed when you realized they didn't help much either.

Your vision was blurry and speckled with black dots. Your eyes were red, burning, and watering. So she advised that you wait a bit until you could at least see enough to walk on your own.

You sat in the same room as Iida and Todoroki, slowly eating a protein bar that Recovery Girl had given you.

Todoroki woke up after a few minutes and a big kiss by Recovery Girl. You stood up out of your chair and leaned over the bed he was laying in.

"Are you okay?" You asked worriedly. "I tried to get to you, you were overheating!"

Todoroki sat up and rubbed the side of his head. "I'm fine, my head just hurts a bit."

"I couldn't get to you in time..." You mumbled. "I'm sorry. If I were a bit faster-"

You glanced at Iida who had placed a hand on your shoulder. "I could say the same thing about me. Don't be so hard on yourself."

Todoroki patted your head. "It's not your fault. We all made a lot of mistakes during that match."

But we could've won. It is my fault.

"Hey" Todoroki said, noticing the look on your face. "We're a team. It's not your fault."

You still were having a hard time believing him, but you nodded your head anyway.

-

After leaving Recovery Girl's office you, Iida, and Todoroki made your way back to the observation deck where everyone was preparing to watch the next match. It was Bakugo's, and you didn't even have to think to know that he'd more than likely win.

You walked up behind Shinso and tapped his shoulder. "You're team is gonna have to lose so that my class can win now." You joked.

Shinso glanced at you over his shoulder, not really turning around fully. "Oh... Um- Yeah... I guess."

It seemed to you as if he didn't get that you were joking.

"I'm just teasing." You said with a smile. "Win."