9. Cavalry Battle

You crossed your arms over your chest and turned to Shinso. "I'm the rider. No way am I carrying you."

"Fine by me" He said. "But we need other people on our team. Do you know anyone from the hero course?"

You tilted your head at him and gave him a look. "I don't talk to anyone besides you."

He rolled his eyes. "Right, right, I forgot. Fine, I'll take care of it."

Shinso started walking off into the crowd of students.

"Where are you going?!" You called after him.

He waved over his shoulder. "I'm gonna get us two teammates! Just wait there, I'll be back in a minute!"

You went and leaned against the wall as you waited for him to come back. You noticed a lot of the good people were taken already, Todoroki had a full team, Bakugo was being flocked by people, and others were already discussing strategies.

After a minute Shinso returned with two of the hero course students following him from 1-a. Both their eyes were blank and you could tell that they were brainwashed.

"You know these two?" He asked as he pointed a thumb at them.

You pushed yourself off the wall. "Yeah sure, that's tail guy and that's sparkle guy. Wouldn't have been my first choice but it'll do."

Shinso sighed. "Thank you Shinso for getting us a team."

You shrugged. "We really don't even need them, Midnight said teams could be 2 to 4 people. And I could use any quirk I want so..."

"Alright, cocky much." He mumbled.

You narrowed your eyes. "What was that?"

"Nothing!" He quickly said. "Anyway, you got a plan? Midoriya's team has that 10 million points! It would be awesome if we got that!"

"Yeah, we're not going for the 10 million." You cut him off.

His face dropped. "Huh?"

"Everyone's gonna be going for that" You explained. "So while they're all distracted trying to get one headband worth 10 million points..."

"We'll be collecting the headbands that are worth less!" He finished your sentence.

You nodded your head. "They're worth a lot less but it'll add up, besides, we just have to get at least fourth place."

"Right." Shinso nodded his head.

-

You were sitting on top of Ojiro's and Aoyama's shoulders, Shinso was in front of you holding onto your legs.

"Ready?" Shinso asked as the countdown started.

You fastened your team's headband around your forehead. "Ready!" You grabbed two tufts of Shinso's hair. "I'm gonna use your hair as reins, hope you don't mind."

"Jeez, alright." Shinso huffed. "Just don't tug too hard"

You chuckled as the countdown finished and the cavalry battle begun. "Got it!"

Of course, once the match started everyone headed for Midoriya's team just like you had said. Your team stayed put as you scanned the other teams, looking for a quirk that would be of good use to you.

Shinso tapped your knee. "That girl, with the vine hair. That looks like a good one."

You looked where he gestured to and smirked. "Nice eye, horse."