67. Surgery

Today was the day of your surgery, and you couldn't wait to get at least some of your eyesight back.

Due to the conditions of society and the world outside of U.A's defense system, Nezu already had a small hospital added to the school. He also had a trusted doctor come in to perform the surgery for you.

You were sitting on your hospital bed, talking with Shinso.

"You're gonna be here when I wake up, right?" You asked as you put your hand over his his and brushed your thumb across his knuckles.

You saw the blob of purple before you bob up and down.

"Yeah" He said as he nodded.

You could feel his hand shaking the slightest bit. "Toshi you're not worried are you?"

"A bit..." He admitted.

You smiled at him. "It's just eye surgery. It's not like I'll die if they mess up."

He sighed. "Yeah, I know. I'm still worried though, I don't want anything to go wrong"

You leaned forward and moved a hand up to cup his face. "Nothing'll go wrong. I'm sure it'll go just fine. And then I'll finally get to see everyone's face again! And you won't have to read my texts to me anymore, and I won't need help with everything!"

You kissed his cheek. "I'll be okay, Hitoshi"

Just then the door opened and the doctor walked in.

"Okay" He said as he pulled on some gloves. "Everything is all set, are you ready?"

You nodded your head as Shinso stood up to leave the room.

"See ya after" Shinso said.

You nodded again. "See ya"

-

Shinso went to wait for your surgery to finish. He sat down in a chair next to Aizawa.

"They're starting?" Aizawa asked.

Shinso nodded.

Aizawa leaned his head back against the wall behind his chair. "How is she? Did she seem nervous?"

Shinso shook his head. "She seemed like she wanted to get it over with more than anything. Keeps saying it'll be okay and she's sure the surgery will go well."

"I'm glad she's not worried. But-" Aizawa sighed. "I am."

"About what?" Shinso asked, turning his head to face him.

"What if she freaks out when she wakes up again?" Aizawa said. "And she'd be able to see- She'll probably escape if she forgets where she is."

"I'll calm her down if that happens." Shinso said confidently. "Don't worry."

Aizawa nodded his head. "Thank you, Shinso. And thank you for being so good to my daughter. I'm glad that you make each other happy."

Shinso tilted his head, that was an odd way for Aizawa to word it. "What do you mean?"

"Could you imagine if she were dating someone else instead of you?" Aizawa asked. "Like anyone from 1-a" He groaned. "They're so annoying."

"I thought you loved your students?" Shinso asked with a slight tinge of amusement.

"Yeah but if I had to deal with one of them being Y/n's boyfriend I wouldn't want to wake up in the morning." He said. "So thank you."

Shinso chuckled and looked over at the door to your room. "You're welcome"