78. Baby Troubles

I'm going to refer to M/n (the baby) as baby a lot because it's easier to type. Anyways Y/n def gets overwhelmed with the baby when Shinso isn't there. The baby is only a few months old in this, she's only able to say dada and even then it's not very clear.

-

You had been trying to get the baby to take a nap for at least an hour now. She hadn't slept all night, which was really unlike her. And all the nights before she only slept a couple of hours before crying. You were absolutely exhausted.

It didn't help that Shinso was on a two week business trip. It was towards the end of the trip but it was still rough.

You put the baby down for a second in her crib, just so you could use the bathroom. But she was wailing and wouldn't stop even when you picked her back up.

"I know, I know" You said while rocking her back and forth in your arms. "You miss your dada, I know"

You paced back and forth through the rooms on the first floor of your house, trying to somehow get her to stop crying.

Just then your phone rang in your back pocket while you were in the kitchen. You adjusted the baby in your arms so you could reach your phone only to drop it on the floor.

You groaned as you picked it up and set it down on the counter. Shinso was trying to facetime you.

You quickly answered the call and leaned the phone up so that you and the baby were in frame.

"Look!" You said as you pointed at the phone screen. "Look who it is! It's your dada! Please stop crying now."

"She's still not sleeping?" Shinso asked from the phone.

Once M/n heard his voice she stopped crying and looked around for him. When Shinso saw her glancing around he waved at the phone.

"Hi baby, are you giving mama a hard time?" He asked in a baby voice.

You threw your head back and groaned. "Yes, I haven't slept in so long!"

For someone who was used to taking naps everyday and still sleeping every night, you were in hell.

You pointed a finger at Shinso. "You. You have to come back here and help me before I kill myself."

"You cannot kill yourself." Shinso stated. "You have to take care of M/n and I will be very upset if you kill yourself."

"Then come back here!" You pleaded.

Shinso shook his head and shrugged. "I can't, babe. It's only one more day, then I can come back."

You sighed loudly. "That's not soon enough. I need sleep. M/n needs sleep."

"Give my parents a call" Shinso brought up. "They will be happy to help you, and they'd love to see their granddaughter."

You frowned and wiped some drool off of M/n's chin. "I don't want to bother them."

"Dada" M/n mumbled as she reached towards the phone. When she realized that Shinso wasn't actually there she started crying again.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm going to cry."

You held M/n's head against your shoulder and started swaying back and forth in an attempt to calm her down.

"Please stop crying" You whispered to her. "You're gonna make mama cry and then all hell will break loose."

You opened your eyes when M/n went quiet.

"Did she just fall asleep?" Shinso asked.

"I think so" You whispered.

You pulled M/n off your shoulder a bit to see if she was actually asleep.