❄️ 05

"Took you long enough," Giyuu said even though you haven't called him yet.

"I almost went insane thinking of what should I do," you said.

"But you did it," he said. You frowned.

"How are you even sure that I did it?"

"Because you are here," he said while cleaning his blade.

"That doesn't really make sense," you said and sat beside him.

"Knowing you, you won't go down that mountain unless you did your job perfectly, I don't need to check if you actually did," he said.

You smiled and remembered the breathing technique you just unlocked. "Well yeah, I really did."

He places his sword down and turned to you. "I take it back. You're training's not done."

A minute of silence before you slowly tilted your head. "Pardon me?"

He then stood up, "Spar with me tomorrow, I wanna see how good you are at defending, you win or not, the training's still over. But it's better if you made me lose."

"Tomioka-san, you're a hashira, I'm still a trainee, how am I supposed to beat you?"

"I don't know, you think of it yourself," he said and walked away.

You just rolled your eyes. Maybe use the Breath of Ice?

Giyuu woke you up and told you to prepare yourself

Giyuu woke you up and told you to prepare yourself. He didn't even asked you to eat first but instead he dragged you to the training grounds and surprised to see other people there.

There's Kanae and Shinobu, and even the Serpent Hashira, Obanai. "What are they doing here?" You whispered.

"I've told them that today's your last training before entering the final selection, they said they wanted to watch," he said.

"Even Iguro-san?"

"I guess," he said and handed me a wooden sword.

"Can we...atleast eat first?" You asked.

"After this, you can eat whatever you want," he said and positioned himself. "I'll attack first, you do your thing."

"Are we using forms?"

"Of course," he said.

"Go F/N-chan! You can do it!" You heard Kanae cheered so you smiled at the sisters.

You heard Giyuu started to cast.

Mizu no kokyū, Shi no kata: Uchishio
[Breath of Water, Fourth Form: Striking Tide]