❄️ 49

"Then...that's nice," she muttered.

"You're not mad?" Giyuu asked.

F/N chuckled. "Why would I be?" She asked. "But...why?"

The ravenette sighed. "I...I don't know," he whispered.

"It's okay," she smiled.

2 weeks later

2 weeks later.

Thankfully, whatever happened between F/N and Giyuu was totally ignored and both continued to talk to each other like nothing happened. Though, both of them have some 'confused feelings' towards each other.

One's just beginning, and one's confused.

Giyuu himself is not sure about what he feels for the girl and decided to shrug it off and focus on his duties instead, not when he's also thinking about the secret that only the two of them know.

Tanjiro and Nezuko's existence.

To avoid conflict between them and the demon slayer corps, even though he wants to check on Tanjiro most especially his sister, Nezuko, he can't do it in reasons of someone might snitch on him.

Whilst F/N really wants to check them. That fact that they are both demons are giving her urges to go and see what Nezuko's up to. She wants to see if they are similar.

And right now, she's walking in a path that leads straight to the location she's going to. The address that she remembers when she saw when Giyuu's writing a letter that time.

After a while, her feet came to a stop in front of a small house. "Is this it?" She whispered.

To make sure that no one will suspect her, instead of wearing her uniform, she wore a kimono and went out in the daylight. But she left the Butterfly Estate with her uniform and changed her clothes at Giyuu's place and left the uniform there.

Yes, Giyuu knows about it. He can't check the siblings himself and trusted F/N about doing it so he helped her.

F/N even left her crow in his estate, telling Tadeo to befriend Giyuu's crow, Kanzaburou.

"Nope!" Tadeo answered. "I don't like befriending old crows!"

"Wha—That's rude!" F/N yelled. "At least talk to him...might as well teach him."

"Nope! He's going to die anyways, CAW! WHAT'S THE POINT OF TEACHING?"

But she manages to let the crow stay there. She doesn't want him to tag along, he might rat her out.

After heaving out a sigh, she knocked softly on the door which opened after a few seconds, revealing a man who seems to be in his 80s because of the paleness of his hair, and also wearing a tengu mask on his face.

F/N gasped a little before bowing down in respect, remembering what Giyuu told her before. He's a former hashira. "Uh...Good day to you, sir," she greeted before straightening. "I'm Soyama F/N...t-the...Ice Pillar."

"Pillar? Come in," he said and led you inside. "What could be the reason for a pillar going here?"

"I went here because of something I wanna check...and also in Giyuu's desire," she answered.

"Giyuu? He sent you here?"

"Not really," she said and sat on the floor. She took a deep breathe. "It's about the siblings."

She can hear a faint gasp that came from him as he also sat in front of her. "Tanjiro...and Nezuko?"

F/N nodded and smiled. "I'm also there when Giyuu found them...I came here to see how they've been doing, most especially...Nezuko."

"Nezuko..." Sakonji muttered. "She's been sleeping ever since they got here...And Tanjiro's training."

"I see," she said. "If she's still sleeping...then that means, she hasn't gone wild? Like any other demons?"

Sakonji shook his head. "I believe that she escape Muzan's control over her...which is a good thing," he said.

F/N nodded slowly. "Then what about...Tanjiro?"

"He's in the mountain, training," he answered. "His will on curing his sister never fazes."

The girl smiled a little while looking down, thinking if it's really possible to turn a demon back to human. "Urokodaki-dono...is it really possible to cure a demon?"

Sakonji sighed. "I don't know, but I'm hoping," he answered.

Before F/N leaves the old man's place, Sakonji made her check Nezuko's state who's sleeping peacefully

F/N noticed her different skin complexion of her compared to the other demons she saw. Hers are more like an ordinary human. And for her, she doesn't really look like a demon.

As she started walking on the way home, she noticed a familiar boy walking back towards Sakonji's house, wearing a green checkered haori, and looking so exhausted. "Tan...jiro?" She mumbled.

Tanjiro stopped on his tracks when he smelled a human scent that he once smelled before, so he looked straight in front where the girl is, looking at him with a soft smile. "Y-You are the other one from back then..."

F/N nodded and giggled. "It's nice seeing you again, Kamado-kun," she greeted and walked closer.

"What...could be the reason for your visit?" he asked.

"Nothing much," she answered. "Just wanted to check you and your sister."

"S-She's been asleep ever since we got here! She haven't devoured--"

"I know," F/N chuckled. "I'm not doubting the two of you...It's just that I wanted to see how you're doing," she said. "I can tell that Nezuko's different compared to the others." And I wanted to see if we're the same.

"Oh, okay," he muttered before smiling gleefully. "Well then, thanks for your concern, uh Miss--"

"F/N, Soyama F/N."

"Right! Thank you, Soyama-san!" he said.

"It's nothing, Kamado-kun," F/N said. "I'm hoping to see you and fight alongside with you soon!" She patted his head and continued walking away, leaving Tanjiro dumbfounded on the spot.

He looked back to the girl who's figure is slowly shrinking in distance.

"Her scent tells me that she's really sincere with all those words, but there's a fragment of sadness and worry."

to be continued.