❄️ 39

The sun's just above everyone, other people are eating their lunch, some are doing other things like these two.

Bamboo swords clashing can be heard in the whole estate. Every people who passes by can feel the coldness coming from the said place for there are two pillars who're fighting, more like training their swordsmanship skills.

Other Demon Slayers who passed by are saying that the two can be a dangerous duo when it comes to slaughtering demons. Namely, the Ice Hashira and the Wind Hashira.

"STOP DODGING!" Sanemi yelled at you.

You only chuckled at him. "I am not dodging!"

"You're literally flying every place where I can't hit you!" He exclaimed while you smirked and posed a stance midair.

Kōri no kokyū, Ni no kata: Kōsha
[Breath of Ice, Second Form: Ice Wheel]

Since you're only using a wooden sword, you're not bothered to hit Sanemi as long as it wasn't a real sword. You don't even care if it wounded him. He's the one to ask you to spar with him anyways.

"AHHH!!!!" He screamed. He's quite pissed.

When you landed your feet back to the ground, Sanemi made his move towards you while you were unaware.

Kaze no kokyū, San no kata: Seiran Fūju
[Breath of Wind, Third Form: Clean Storm Wind Tree]

Your eyes widened at the sight of him and the next thing you knew is you, stepping back to where he couldn't hit you. "Fuck," you muttered.

Kōri no kokyū, Roku no kata: Mō Fubuki
[Breath of Ice, Sixth Form: Blizzard]

You immediately dodged the sword using your own, causing him to be surprised that you managed to pull through so he stepped back and panted. "What the fuck did Tomioka taught you?" You also panted heavily while chuckling, dropping the wooden sword on the ground.

"Maybe how to swing a sword?" you replied nonchalantly.

You plumped down at the ground and looked above where the sky is. You felt him walk towards you. And a hand was placed on top of your head, patting it. "Good job, you almost defeated me."

"That doesn't change the fact that you're probably faster than me when it comes to beheading demons," you snorted.

"It doesn't matter as long as you can behead them," he said. "The longer you kill them, the more torture they get. They deserve that."

You gulped at his words. Yeah, why? You're a demon for fuck's sake. A powerful one too.

But you can't really call yourself powerful, the Crescent's true form are yet to be shown nor appear to change your whole body. Only the marks were given to you and a bit of strength that only works at night.

What would Sanemi do if he learned about it?

Sanemi once opened up to you about the origin of him being a demon slayer all the way to getting promoted as a hashira. He killed his own mother who was turned into a demon. What makes you think that he'll spare you when in fact you're not even blood-related to him?

"What's wrong? You're sad about that?" Sanemi asked, snapping you out of your thoughts. "There's still a lot of time. You can still improve, and you're strong. Why the hell are you sulking?"

A chuckled escaped your mouth. "I'm not sulking...I just dozed off a bit." You stood back up on your feet and looked at him. "I'm heading off, see ya'!"

He watched you walked away while leaving his estate, and he only smiled before going inside.

Sanemi glanced at your walking figure for the last time and frowned. He's not dumb.

Something's off with you, and he doesn't know why his blood boils whenever he thinks about it.

(From now on, I've decided that I'll do this in third person's pov instead of 'you' because i'm absolutely running out words whenever i use the 'you'

(From now on, I've decided that I'll do this in third person's pov instead of 'you' because i'm absolutely running out words whenever i use the 'you'. I hope it won't ruin the story.)

"Oh you're back, F/N-chan!" The mentioned girl's lips automatically curved into a smile upon hearing the voice of a certain hashira. "Seems like Shinazugawa-san worn you out, huh?"

F/N sighed before chuckling. "Yeah, but it felt like my muscles loosened up...so it's good."

Shinobu's sitting on a bench, and Kanao's training and being watched by her master, who's obviously nervous at the eyes Shinobu's giving her. She frowned when thinking something before turning to F/N again. "Oh yeah...I'm going into a mission starting tomorrow. I might be back after three days or more."

"That's quite longer than usual," the frost-headed girl commented, her eyes not taking off Shinobu.

She nodded. "It's far too," she said. "There's some unusual events happening there, and I'm about to find it out. Some people are disappearing in the mountain located there and I've got a grasp about it. What else could it be?"

"A demon of course," F/N said and sighed.

"And the townspeople said that the culprit of the disappearances is a boar who hunts human." Shinobu smiled in hesitance. "I want to check it myself, I feel weird about it."

F/N tilted her head and faced Kanao who's swinging her sword for the 600th times already. "It does sound weird," she remarked. "I mean, I don't think a bear would murder a lot of people? And it's a bear, people can kill it easily, right?"

"That's my hypothesis too," Shinobu said as she crossed her arms. "The citizens can hunt the bear down if they're altogether—No they did. But they still ended up dying."

The Ice Pillar sighed. "Then it's a demon."

"Yeah...So that's why I have to leave for at least three days, and I want to ask you if you could look over Kanao for me?"

F/N hummed in response. "Why not?"

"Figured you would agree," Shinobu smiled. "Training Kanao isn't hard anyways, she'll listen to whatever you teach her."

"I'm not really good at training other people, but I'll do my best," F/N said while chuckled.

to be continued.