❄️ 07

It's a day and a half walk before you finally reached the said mountain. You knew you are already in the right place when you saw a lot of wisteria flowers around the feet of the mountain and it was said to keep the demons on the mountain from escaping.

You followed the path on the ground which leads you to a flat surface with many people on it.

Eyes were already on you, and it made you anxious.

"Who is she, she looks very beautiful."

"She reminds me of snow."

"What a gorgeous hair."

Your hair. Inside the month after your training, you noticed how the tips of your hair changed into blue. You were shocked and amazed at the same time for it looks beautiful on your hair.

But you can't help but to feel shy when you know they are talking about you. Instead, you continued your way towards a tree and leaned on it, waiting for the event to start.

You checked your bag with you, the people of Butterfly Estate helped you packed your foods enough for seven days. Though, are you sure you'll be able to see the sun in the seventh day?

It took an hour before darkness roam the entire sky, along with the children of Ubuyashiki came with a lamp on their hands, Kiriya and Nichika. They gathered everyone's attention, including yours by greeting everyone.

"Greetings everyone," the two greeted in chorus. "Thank you for gathering tonight for the Final Selection."

"Mount Fujikasane holds demons that Demon Slayer Swordsmen have taken alive and trapped here," Kiriya said.

"Demon hates Wisteria Flowers, which blooms here even out of season," Nichika said. "They cover the mountain from its foot to halfway up the slope."

"However, from that point on, the Wisteria does not bloom, and the demons roam free," they said again in chorus. "You must survive there for seven days. If you do, then you will have passed the Final Selection."

"Now go."

You heave out a sigh before gripping the handle of your sword whom Giyuu lent you. Your chest feels really heavy of nervousness, thinking if you will pass this. You have never seen a demon before.

Everyone started walking away to different directions they pleased, including you, who took the straight way inside the mountain.

Since it is already night, demons will start to go out freely.

You can't hear anything from where the event started, meaning you are way too far from that.

Then you started hearing rustles in a distant, so you draw your sword.

"What a beautiful hair you have in there," someone said. You turned around and your eyes widened after seeing a demon who's sticking his long tongue out, grinning on you. "Too bad, I want to cut it."

You really felt disgusted on it's appearance. At first you're scared if you saw a demon, but this one...No.

"As if I'm letting you cut it," you said.

"Let's see." The demon laughed and leaped high to attack you but you were faster.

Kōri no kokyū, Shichi no kata: Hyōketsu Kaze - Kantsū Reiki!
[Breath of Ice, Seventh Form: Freezing Wind - Piercing Cold]