❄️ 42

Kanao flipped mid-air in attempt to immitate F/N's movements while F/N herself is watching her, amazed of what she did. Kanao didn't really do the same as the hashira did, but she's happy that she can somehow move like that.

"You almost copied me, that's great!" F/N cheered. "But if you really want to perfect it, just think that your body is light and don't be afraid of falling...Imagine that you have a wings and you can do it!" She taught. "Your speed is already amazing compared when I was at your age so dancing midair won't be difficult."

Today was the third day of training Kanao and also the day that Shinobu might be back in the mansion. Last night, F/N attended her missions in case her marks reappeared and to which she didn't expect, the symbols didn't show up. She tried controlling them but it didn't work.

Kanao stopped training to look at her, resulting the white haired lady to smile in confusion. She slid a hand on her pocket and took out a coin, flipping it in the air and catching it.

Is she deciding something? F/N thought. "F/N-san, didn't you...have to buy a cloth for tomorrow's festival? I...thought that maybe I'm taking up your time...so I guess, we're done for t-today? I can train alone...so please do what you have," Kanao said.

F/N gaped at her words. She didn't really expect her to talk that long. But she's thankful as she scratch the back of her neck. "Well...if you say so...I guess, I should. Though, I don't really know what to do?"

The younger smiled at her. "I think Kanae Onee-san have some yukata left in her closet...I think if you ask Shinobu-san, she'll let you borrow one."

F/N grinned. "Really?" Kanao nodded. The hashira sighed. "Alright, that really sounds a good idea...so, are you really going to be okay alone?" Kanao nodded again. "Okay, then I'll be leaving...I still need to talk to a hashira...I'll see you later!"

F/N and Kanao bowed to each other in respect before the white headed girl took her leave from the mansion. "And to Mitsuri-chan."

The wooden gate opened and a girl in pink braids and a short skirt-demon slayer uniform was revealed

The wooden gate opened and a girl in pink braids and a short skirt-demon slayer uniform was revealed. "Ohh!!! F/N-chan!" She greeted.

The white haired girl smiled at her. "Sorry for disturbing...but I kinda want to ask if you're interested in festivals?" She asked.

"Y-You're asking m-me to go to a f-festival?!" She beamed. "Yes! I'm into such occasion actually!"

F/N chuckled. "I'm glad if you do...but it wasn't actually me..." she bit her lower lip. "I already have someone to go with...and my cousin, wants to go either, but doesn't want to be a chaperone...if you want, can you come?" She mentally laughed at her own excuses to make sure that Obanai won't look desperate to her.

Mitsuri gasped. "I would love to!" She beamed. "But who's this cousin? Is he a boy?! Because I would really love to if I can be with a boy!" She said. She grabbed her hand and dragged her inside her estate which F/N let her. "I'm quite envious of some couples around because they really look happy with each other, so please bare with me if you find me a little...you know? Excited in romance."

F/N laughed. "It's fine, it's fine. I understand. I guess many people is also like that," she said. "But yeah, he's a boy...I'm sure you remember the Serpent Hashira, right?"

Mitsuri's eyes widened. "Y-Yeah! The boy with different eye color?" F/N nodded. "He's your cousin?! I thought that you guys are just very close friends!" She exclaimed. "Ehh...If he likes to be with me, then I have no problem with that, I'll go with him!"

I swear if these two didn't end up on each other, I'll kill myself. She thought while smiling. Both of them really thinks that the other hates them.

"That's good to hear! I'm sure he'll also love to go with you," F/N said. "By the way...it's tomorrow night? Sorry for informing you a little late—"

"It's fine, F/N-chan! I'm free tomorrow night!" Mitsuri said while smiling ear to ear. "Where should we meet, though?"

F/N internally smirked. She would not ruin this opportunity for her cousin. She hummed. "...I might go a little late because I have to help Shinobu-san's Tsuguko, so I'll just tell Onii-san to meet up with you, how's that sound?"

"That sounds like a good idea!" She remarked.

"Maybe...I'll just tell him to fetch you here? Since your estate isn't really far from the event," F/N suggested.

"If it won't bother him, why not?" She said.

"Alright, I'll tell him...So I think I'll go ahead?" F/N said.

Mitsuri nodded while humming. "I'll see you tomorrow night then!"

Both waved at each other while exchanging good byes and after that, F/N literally ran towards her cousin's estate even though it's far from where she came from, but the excitement didn't made her feel exhausted, although in reality, her legs will come off of her body.

Once she arrived at the estate, she didn't even knock and barged inside instead, startling the hell out of Obanai for the sudden thud that came from the outside that caused him to drop the knife on the floor which he used in cutting vegetables for his lunch.

"ONII-SAN!!!! I have a very good new for you~!"

Obanai closed his eyes and took deep breathes before getting the knife from the floor, murdering thoughts running inside his head. He walked towards the door and harshly opened it with his left hand, while the right hand holds the knife.

F/N almost stopped her feet when she saw his cousin's expression that shows hints of planning to kill her but she ignored that and continued walking through the door.

Because she knows herself that Obanai won't kill her, not with the worrying looks he have in the past few days when she passed out in front of him.

"I came from Mitsuri-chan's estate so you better drop that," F/N said as she shove Obanai away from the door.

And of course, Obanai's face softens at the name and the expression didn't go unnoticed by the pest. "I'm cooking lunch, have you eaten?" He asked.

F/N chuckled and clapped. "Hmm...I'm hungry so I'll join you," she said as she sat down on the dining area. "And about Mitsuri-chan, just fetch her tomorrow night and leave."

"Huh?" Obanai muttered before pointing the knife to her face. "What did you tell her?"

The girl grinned. "I told her that you want to go but didn't want to be an extra because I already have someone to be with... So I made sure that I sounds like she's the only one I can ask to be with you, and since she likes festivities and all, she agreed. You better thank me, brother." She pushed the knife away.

"Then...what about you?" He asked.

"I already said I'm going with Giyuu! So no need to worry about me and just date with Mitsuri-chan—"

"Hold up!" He cut her off and pointed the knife at her face again. "What did you say?"

"Date with Mitsuri-chan?"

"No, no—Who are you coming with?" The knife is slowly leaning closer to her and it made her gulp on how close it is. Is he really planning to stab me?! And she forgot that she didn't mention that it was Giyuu who she's coming with her.

"I'm going with...Giyuu?" she answered hesitatingly.

"I knew it," he mumbled.

to be continued.