❄️ 28

"They got arrested...And they took a beating from Shinazugawa," Obanai said as if he was reporting.

A chuckle escape from your mouth. "As expected from him."

A few hours after Giyuu left, Obanai came next. Of course, the serpent pillar was surprised to see his cousin outside and already awake after being out cold for a whole damn week that sure made him worry.

He wants to scold you about what happened at the mission. You could've yelled for help but you didn't, and fighting them instead that caused you to get hurt. He wants to kill those failed demon slayers for hurting you but you won't like that so he kicked them in the face instead.

"I'm probably gonna go back at the front lines after a week," you said. "It felt different that I'm only staying here and not doing anything."

Obanai rolled his eyes. "You're going back on duty once Oyakata-sama gave an order," he said. "Are you even sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine already. The wound is not completely healed but I feel no pain from it," you replied.

"That doesn't mean you should go on missions again," he said. "You need to be fully recovered first before going." He placed a hand on top of your head and patted it. "You got me worried when I saw you barely conscious in Shinazugawa's arms. I thought you're going to die."

You smiled. You thought of that demon again and the crescent demon that you've been searching. "Well, no need to worry. I can't die yet."

"And you won't," he said. "Not when I'm still breathing."

"Ehh?? Is that some sort of a deal?" You laughed and swatted his hand away from your head.

He hummed. "Because you said so...then why not? We're going to die soon anyways, this job isn't a regular job after all."

"No," you muttered. "Let's all die together...we'll defeat Kibutsuji Muzan and die." Your gaze shifted to the ground. "But I want to find my brother first."

"Do you think you can still find him?" He asked.

A sad smile appeared on your face. "I believe I will. It's either I'll look for him, or he'll look for me or...

...we'll just meet coincidentally."

You suddenly felt heavy in your chest. A slight pain is present, and a familiar feeling was running through your veins. Hakuji onii-chan? You wondered, is he still alive? It's been two years and more and yet you still haven't found him neither his shadow.

What does he look like now?

Is he okay?

Is he living well?

Is he eating properly?

Is he looking for me?

Is he still hiding?

"F/N?"

Where is he now?

"F/N?"

You flinched at Obanai's voice that has been calling your attention for a minute now. "I'm sorry," you muttered.

"You're going to find him, don't worry," he said. "If your brother knows how to survive on his own, then I'm sure he's alright."

You smiled and sighed. "Yeah, I'm sure too."

After that, Obanai also took his leave because it's already dark, and he needs to go to his own district. Whilst you entered the mansion and was greeted by the little butterfly girls, Naho, Sumi, and Kiyo.

And all of them are in the verge of tears.

"F/N-san! You're awake!" exclaimed Naho.

"Yeah! We're so worried!" said Kiyo.

"We're glad you're finally awake! It's been a long week without you here!" said Sumi.

You slightly chuckled at their words and kneeled to reach their heights. "I'm sorry for worrying you all. But now, I'm perfectly okay!"

"We missed you so much! Even Shinobu-sama was worried when you fell in coma!" said Kiyo.

Behind the three girls, Kanao also entered the mansion after her training and is surprised when she saw you. "F-F/N-san?" she stuttered.

Turning to her direction, you raised your left hand and waved at her. "Oh hey there, Kanao!"

A slight smile appeared on her face. "I'm g-glad."

"Enough with all of that! Come on, let's eat!" Everyone turned to where the voice came from, and there's Aoi, both of her hands in her waist, one holding a ladle.

You stood back up, Sumi and Naho held both of your hands and carefully dragged you towards the dining area, Kanao and Kiyo following behind.

It's been two weeks since you woke up and your wound has completely healed based on Shinobu. She also said that you don't need a rehabilitation training since you're a hashira, and she also knew that you were training by yourself secretly.

And today's the time for you to go back on duty.

"I don't even know if I could say that I miss the demons," you joked.

Sanemi clicked his tongue at your words. "If you came back injured again, I'll break your arms."

"I want to see you try," you said. "Besides, getting injured by a demon is normal, duh! They have more special abilities than humans."

For the past days, the pink haired demon never escaped your head, but at some point, you decided to shrug it off, maybe it's just a demon who likes to trick everyone.

"More reasons for you to take care of yourself," he said before biting a part of the rice ball.

You turned your gaze at the sky above. "The good thing about it is that they can't go out in the sun."

"And if they can? Then we're doomed."

You didn't said another thing and kept on watching on how the clouds move to where the wind is dragging them. Sanemi's just weirdly looking at you, wondering what's so entertaining about it.

Then suddenly, your sight just turned white making you gasp.

But it turned back to normal in an instant.

For a second, you thought you got blinded by the sky, but no. It felt different.

"Are you okay?" your company asked.

You nodded and hummed. "There's...just an insect in my eye."

to be continued.