❄️ 60

Despite feeling all tired and weak, she forced herself to go towards the others' direction and saw that Kyojuro is talking to Tanjiro.

The two felt her presence and their eyes widened when they saw F/N all beaten up.

"F/N-san? How did you got here? Why are you looking like that?" Tanjiro asked.

F/N groaned in pain before slumping down beside Kyojuro, who's looking at her in confusion. "I'm sorry...I'm late..." she muttered. "I could've stopped him, but I arrived late..."

"What are you...talking about?" Kyojuro asked while panting.

"I...am... the Crescent Moon Three," she breathed. "I'm so sorry, for being late."

She thought that Kyojuro will hate her, but he didn't. A soft smile appeared on his face that made her tear up more. "You did great, Soyama. I saw the whole fight," he said. "He just caught you off guard so he managed to distract you...But all of that, you still protected them as a demon--No, I can't call you that."

"Rengoku-san," she cried. "W-We can still cure you--"

"No...It's fine," he said before turning to Tanjiro. "Don't worry about my death. I'm a hashira, it's my job to shield you junior members. Any hashira would do the same. We can't allow, the young buds to be plucked. Tanjiro, boar-headed boy, blondie there...you all keep learning and growing. Someday, you guys will become a hashira and the pillars of the Demon Slayer Corps. That's what I believe..."

"I believe in you," Tanjiro said in tears.

Kyojuro smiled even more and turned to the girl. "I know that the other's will be surprised by this...But don't let them get to you."

"I will," F/N whispered weakly before passing out.

Her eyes slowly opened from the blinding light that lit up from the window of her room

Her eyes slowly opened from the blinding light that lit up from the window of her room. She breathed deeply there and then before turning to the figure sitting beside her.

"You're awake," Giyuu said. "How are you feeling?"

"G-Good..."

"I see," he muttered. "The other pillars...called a meeting for us."

F/N shifted her gaze towards the ceiling and sighed. "The news reached them, I guess?"

"They did," he replied. "Are you worried?"

She shook her head. "I don't care anymore."

Giyuu clicked his tongue. "It's not your fault for his death," he said, knowing that she's probably sulking because of her being late at the place.

"When's the meeting?" she asked.

"Once you woke up," he said.

She slowly lifted herself up and Giyuu immediately supported her. "Let's go."