❄️ 14

When you arrived back at the Butterfly estate, you noticed someone standing in the garden, looking up at the sky.

"Muichirou-kun, what's up?" You asked while walking closer.

"The clouds are pretty today," he softly said.

You raised your head and gazed up at the sky, confirming what he just said. You hummed and giggled. "They are."

"That one looks like a tree," he said and pointed at the sky.

But you can't see anything that resembles a tree so you just told him "yeah it does".

"Then that one looks like a butterfly," he keeps saying.

Scratching the back of your neck, you turned to him. "I am honestly not seeing anything...?"

He shifted his gaze from the sky to you. "Are you...blind, F/N-san?"

You chuckled awkwardly before looking back to the sky. "Maybe I'm not really good at shaping clouds? I'm good at connecting stars at night, though."

"I love the sky," he said almost whispering. "By the way, F/N-san, I have talked to Oyakata-sama while you're gone."

You looked down back at him. "About what?"

"About training," he said and smiled.

Confused, you tilted your head before your eyes widened after a realization. "Y-You want to be like us?!"

He nodded. "I have nothing to do here. And besides, Oyakata-sama told me that he have someone who could train me in using the Breath of Mist."

You sighed. "Aren't you young? You're still recovering, too."

A slight laugh escaped from him. "How old are you when you started training? Didn't you told me you were twelve?" He said. "And I am already fine! I already recovered!"

You bit your lower lip. "If that'll make you happy, then so be it...But Muichirou-kun, the training isn't easy," you said.

"Of course it won't be easy," he said. "It's alright for me."

"Well, it took me a year and a half on training with Tomioka-san, and it ended up well, so I didn't regret that hell of a training at all," you said.

But then you flinched a bit when he laughed a bit hard. "He trained you yet you're not using the Breath of Water," he said.

"Did you know, I actually apologized at him about that, one time," you said. "He said it was okay and it's normal, it doesn't matter as long as I'm his successor."

Muichirou then smiled. "Do you think I'll be a good demon slayer? As strong as you?"

Your mouth gaped on his last sentence. "Muichirou-kun, I'm not that strong."

"If you're fighting a Lower Moon Demon and comes bacl here after, that just means you are strong," he said. "Sometimes, I want to ask you to train me but Kocho-san said that you can't because you're not a Hashira...But she said you can help."

You chuckled. "I can help you of course, maybe the basic things?"

"I'm looking forward to that, F/N-san!" He exclaimed. "I just hope I won't forget anything."

"You won't, believe me. As long as you're sticking onto it, you'll always remember it," you said and patted his shoulder. "I'm also looking forward on fighting with you, soon!"