❄️ 24

The moment the sun rises, you decided to go back to the headquarters, still silent of thinking what just happened.

On your way back, you bumped into someone and just mumbled sorry, not even trying to see who it is.

"(F/N)." You stopped on your tracks to turn around only to see Giyuu and realized that you bumped on him.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't noticed that it's you," you said and smiled at him a little.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Your brows rise up. "Hmm? Nothing's wrong," you lied.

But he can still see through you. "Not so cheerful today, why are you lying?"

Will he be mad if I told him that I let a demon go?

"I'm not—" You heave out a sigh. "Something weird happened last night...I...please don't be mad."

"Let's go to my house," he said. You nodded and followed him until the two of you reached the place.

As usual, you sat on the stairs while he sat beside you. "Now, what is it?"

You started telling him what happened and he carefully listens to you.

"I got scared because he's emitting this strong aura, and I know I can't defeat him there," you said lowly.

"Why did he hug you?" He asked.

"I don't really know why. I thought he's going to absorb me but he said that he will never hurt me," you said. "Then he just left."

"Whatever that means, it's good that he didn't kill you," Giyuu said.

"Sorry, I got scared," you muttered.

You heard him sighed. "It's okay to get scared."

"I even forgot to ask him about the crescent demon," you said. "I'm sure he knows something about it."

"There's tons of demons to ask about that. Don't mind it—"

"CAW! CAW! EMERGENCY MEETING AT UBUYASHIKI HOUSEHOLD! CAW!"

"What is it now?" You asked.

After hearing the crow, you two made your way to the master's estate because of the said emergency meeting.

Once you arrived at the place, Shinobu and Sanemi are already there. But what caught your attention is Sanemi's expression when seeing you...with Giyuu.

You ignored it and made your way to where they are. Though, Sanemi didn't let it through.

He approached you and you only sighed. "Why are you with him?"

"Oh? I happened to meet him on my way home," you answered. "And what's so wrong about it, he's my friend."

"Friend? He have a frien—"

You placed a hand on his mouth covering it before smiling sarcastically. "Shhhh. Shut up." And he definitely did so you removed your hand.

A few moments later, and all of the hashira have gathered in front of the house, waiting for the twins to let them in.

And when they came out, the twin asked everyone to enter the house.

Sitting on your legs, you removed your sword from your belt and placed it down on the floor and everyone did the same thing.