❄️ 52

"Get up."

"Hey! Get up!"

"Hey you!"

"How long are you gonna sleep?! Get up already would ya!" The Kakushi yelled.

Tanjiro instantly woke up and was greeted by the standing figures in front of him, in other words, the Hashira.

"You're in the presence of the Hashira!" Said the Kakushi. But Tanjiro looks confused.

"This is the Demon Slayer Corps Headquarters. And you, Kamado Tanjiro, are about to be put on...trial," Shinobu, the Insect Hashira said.

"There's no need for a trial!" Kyojuro, the Flame Hashira beamed. "Protecting a demon is clearly against the Corps rule! Let's just lop of his head off along with the demon's!"

"I'll cut off his head with style!" Tengen, the Sound Hashira said. "Even the blood splashes, will have panache! Really, flashy-flashy!"

Ehhh? Killing such a cute kid? It pains me...It's too much! Mitsuri, the Love Hashira thought.

"Aw...What pitiful children, how sad. It's a tragedy they were even born," Gyomei, the Stone Pillar said calmly.

Those big fluffy clouds out there...what are they called? Muichirou, the Mist Pillar thought. Not even participating in what's currently happening.

"Let's kill them," Gyomei suggested.

"Yeah!" Kyojuro replied.

"Yeah! But with style!" Tengen said.

Whilst Tanjiro doesn't care about what they are talking about and just looking around in order to find his sister who's clearly not in sight.

"Forget about him," someone spoke. "What are we going to do about Tomioka? Kocho says Tomioka broke the Corps rule too." Obanai, the Serpent Hashira pointed to the figure from a distance. "What shall we do about this? How shall he take responsibility? What price shall he pay?" He asked in a sarcastic way. "Right now, he's just wandering around freely and that gives me a headache," he said. "Also...why bring F/N with you?"

F/N? Soyama-san? Tanjiro thought. He then looked down at the figure below Obanai, a girl he knows who's leaning her back on the trunk while crossing her arms and is also looking at his direction.

"Onii-san," F/N called. "Giyuu didn't brought me along. I went with him."

"More reasons why I regretted allowing you to go with him," Obanai retorted while looking at her. F/N only sighed, not even giving a care for she knows that this situation will come.

Everyone turned to the Water Hashira, Giyuu, who's just standing in a distance, not even uttering anything.

"We don't need to worry about him, he came along without a fight. We can consider a suitable punishment later," Shinobu said. "I'm more interested in questioning the boy."

Tanjiro attempted to talk but coughed instead. So Shinobu walked closer with a tumbler on her hand and helped Tanjiro drink it. "Here, drink some water. Your jaw is hurt so drink slowly. Then you can talk," she said softly. "It contains pain killers so you'll feel better. Your wound hasn't healed yet so don't overdo it."

He took some deep breathes and started talking. "My sister was turned into a demon, but she hasn't eaten any human flesh!" Tanjiro said. "She hasn't... and she won't! Nezuko will never hurt anyone!"

"Stop spewing such nonsense," Obanai said, Kabarumaru just hissing beside him. "I don't trust anything anyone says, and I especially don't trust you. She's your sister of course, you'll protect her!"

"Aww, he's possessed by a demon," Gyomei said. "Hurry up and kill this child to set him free."

"Please hear me out!" Tanjiro shouted. "I became a swordsman so I could protect Nezuko! It's been more than two years since she became a demon! In all that time, she hasn't bitten anyone!"

"This conversation is just spinning in circles," Tengen said in disbelief. "She hasn't bitten anyone? And she isn't going to? Just words! Show me! Impress me!"

"Uh...I'm not sure about this...The Master of the Mansion must be aware of this," Mitsuri said. "So should we really handle it on our own?" Everyone looked at her. "Shouldn't we wait until he gets back?"

F/N sighed and started walking towards their direction. "We should wait for Oyakata-sama," she said and looked down to where Tanjiro is. "I...can be a witness for their innocence."

"F/N-chan?" Shinobu muttered in confusion.

"My sister fought alongside me! She can fight for the Demon Slayer Corps and protect people!" Tanjiro yelled.

"But Tanjiro," F/N spoke once again. "I still want you to prove it."

"Say...This is getting sorta interesting," another voice arrived, making F/N straightened her back before turning around.

"Shinazugawa-sama! Please put down the box!" A Kakushi exclaimed.

"Is that the idiotic Corps member who travels with a demon?" He asked while carrying Nezuko's box in his left hand. "What is going on here anyway?"

"Kocho-sama, we apologize!" The two Kakushi yelled.

Shinobu sighed, a hint of anger is visible in her face. "Shinazugawa-san, don't do anything rash."

"Sanemi-san..." F/N whispered.

"What about this demon, boy? You say she can protect people and fight for the corps?" Sanemi asked while grinning and pulling his sword out. "That's incredible! Amazing! Why, that's completely impossible, you fool!" He yelled and stabbed the box.

It irked Tanjiro and swiftly went on Sanemi's direction. "I don't care if you're a hashira or whatever! I won't let anyone hurt my sister!"

Sanemi cackled. "Oh no? Good!"

"Stop! The master will be here soon!" Giyuu shouted.

When Tanjiro got close to him, Sanemi quickly swings his sword but Tanjiro dodged it by jumping that made him surprised.

Then, since Tanjiro is all tied up, he used his head to headbutt with Sanemi, that caused his nose to bleed and fell on the ground.

The sight made Mitsuri snort and uttering sorry after she felt stares on her.

"If you can't tell the difference between a good demon and a bad demon...Then you don't deserve to be a hashira!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

F/N gaped at his words and have her almost tearing up but she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Don't show emotions, you're being obvious," Giyuu whispered from behind. She instanly shut her mouth and cleared her throat.

"Why you...You're dead," Sanemi stated and stood up to attack Tanjiro again but a voice interrupted them.

"The Master of the Mansion has arrived."

Everyone immediately kneeled in front of him in respect.

"Welcome, my dear Demon Slayers."

to be continued.