❄️ 34

~ Arc II: The Confidentiality of the Ice ~

2 years later.

You looked at the back of your hand, the marks are already disappearing, and you can't lie that everytime it appears, you're stronger when it comes to fighting demons.

And not only that, but demons fear you more now. Every night that you'll be patrolling, the marks automatically appears to your body and every demon you face will never fight you back, and kneel in front of you instead.

Sometimes, you'll feel bad but you've never forget that they eat humans and that will never change. You'll behead them mercilessly.

Throughout the years, you haven't gain another information about the Upper Moon Three or in other words, your brother. When he left after admitting to you about who he is, he never showed himself again.

And your other ability stayed as marks only. The only thing that changed about it, is that you're stronger, more agile, and your skin complexion will turn pale, the same tone as the demons.

The only one who knew about it all is Giyuu, who confronted you two years ago.

flashback from 2 years ago.

"Let's not talk about that here," you sighed.

You dragged Giyuu away from the estate and ended up in a river. You sat on a rock while he remained standing. The look in his face didn't show any hints of anger, he stayed calm around you even though he's somehow aware of what and who you are.

"I just discovered it...more likely just before I got home," you started. "But first, I met the Upper Moon Three..."

"How did you met him?" Giyuu asked.

"He's the demon who hugged me before," you answered quickly. "The demon who didn't kill me when he met me...He's the Upper Moon Three." You watched the river flows beautifully on the right side. "He admitted that he was...Hakuji, my brother."

Giyuu's brows raised a little. "You mean, the brother you've been searching?"

You nodded. "He also said that his sister is the Crescent Demon...And I realized everything this morning. I combined all of the information we got together," you explained. "The demons I've fought...who keeps apologizing ang begging me to end their lives..."

"The crescent will appear on their minds whenever they saw her human form...That makes sense," he said.

"There's some weird marks that appeared all over my body before I met my brother...Oyakata-sama and I talked about it, and we both don't know what it means," you continued. "Then I got a dream...The Upper Moon Three is talking to a girl he called Yoru...Her eyes have a markings of Crescent Moon Three. The marks on her body is the same as the marks that I had." You looked up to him. "'The Crescent Moon is like a chick on a shell, they'll grow first before going out'. I get it now...

...Yoru is starting to awaken."

"So you really are her, huh?" Giyuu muttered. "I guess we don't need to search for that anymore. Who would've thought that it would be you?" He slightly chuckled.

Your mouth gaped at his actions. "You're not mad...or afraid?"

"Why would I be? You're not aware, are you?"