❄️ 72

It was a quiet night not until a certain demon was disturbed by the sudden change of his surroundings along with a sound of an instrument.

He looked around and realized where he is. The dimensional infinity fortress...If I got summoned here, then that means...

An uppermoon was killed by the demon hunters...

Another strum of the biwa rung throughout the whole fortress, that sure caught the attention of Akaza, who instantly looked at the direction of the sound, to where a lady who's wearing a black kimono, peacefully sitting while holding a biwa instrument.

Akaza frowned at her, still confused if there's really someone from the Upper Ranks died or Muzan needs to tell an important information.

"Hyo!"

Akaza turned his head to his left, where there's a decorative pot is staying still, and a figure slowly appearing out of it. "Well, well, Akaza-sama! Dear me, you seem to be looking swell. How've you been after ninety years?" Asked by the Upper Moon Five, Gyokko. "The mere possibility of you dying made my heart leap in joy—*cough—made my heart cringe in pain!"

On Akaza's right, a terrrified demon was sitting on the stairs as if hiding from someone. Upper Moon Four, Hantengu. "This is quite terrifying...Gyokko has forgotten how to count during our long absense!" He commented while trembling. "We haven't been called here for a hundred and thirteen years...An indivisible number, an unlucky number! An odd number!! Terrifying indeed..."

[For clarification. Akaza lost his memories as Hakuji and only remembers about her sister which said at the previous chapters. He was brainwashed by Muzan and made him think that he's living for about a hundred years and more. And Muzan also did the brainwashing to the other Uppermoons to think that Akaza's been with them ever since. Let's say it is to make him feel that he really is a demon and there's no need for any human connection/ humanity -ehem- F/N. This is not canon by the way.]

Akaza ignored them and looked back to where the biwa woman is. "Biwa woman, has Muzan-sama arrived yet?—ah." He grasped his chest upon feeling something twisting inside, and caused the other Upper Moons to look at him in confusion.

"Is Muzan-sama punishing you?" Gyokko chuckled.

No...this isn't Muzan-sama's doing... Akaza thought.

Before Nakime answers his question, she strum another sound from the biwa, summoning another demon to the fortress. "He has not arrived yet," she said calmly, not even bothered at what's happening to his fellow demon.

But as for Akaza, his mind is focused on what's happening to him and suddenly thought of someone that might be the reason of that torture he feels. F/N...what's happening to you?

He took a deep breathe before straightening up, the pain is slowly disappearing from his body. "Then where's Upper Moon One? There's no way he'd get killed."

"Hold up, hold up!" a voice exclaimed. "Hold on a minute, Akaza-dono!" An arm was placed around Akaza's shoulder and he's sure that his blood suddenly boiled at that. "Aren't you gonna show some concern for me?" Asked by the Upper Moon Two, Douma. "I was super worried about you guys!" Douma shifted closer to him with a menacing look. "You're my precious buddies. I don't want anyone here to wane out now!"