The Aftermath of Baskerville - Mystrade/Johnlock

3rd Person P.O.V

Greg quietly entered the apartment, shrugging off his beige jacket and hanging it on the hook next to the door. He kicked off his shoes, and silently sunk into his armchair. He didn't want to wake his boyfriend up.

"You're home." Too bad. Mycroft was already standing in the kitchen of their shared apartment.

"Yeah. Sorry. Didn't want to wake you." It was well past midnight.

"I was already awake. I have been all night."

"Oh?"

"I was thinking about you. Ever since you called, I haven't been able to stop waiting for you to get back."

Greg felt a pain in his chest, but his heart felt warm. Mycroft had been worried about him, waiting for him to come home.

"How were your holidays?" Mycroft made his way over to Greg, who shifted in his chair so that his boyfriend could sit beside him.

"Yeah, it was good. Nice to get outta London for once." Greg wrapped Mycroft in his arms; both had missed the warm the other one emitted.

"You look good." Mycroft whispered, kissing Greg's temple.

"Thanks." Greg chuckled.

"But you don't look happy."

"Yeah."

"Bad day?"

Greg sighed. "Yeah..."

"What happened?" Greg felt tears beginning to form. "Come on, love. You can tell me anything."

*

"Still can't believe you drugged me, you fucking git."

John and Sherlock had made their way back to Baker Street, after stopping at a few pubs for more than a few drinks. They were stumbling up the stairs, laughing and shoving each other as they went. Mrs Hudson poked her head out of her apartment, smiling as she saw the two drunk morons trying to open their door.

"Try not to be too loud, please boys!" She called up the stairs, causing both of them to grumble. John shoved Sherlock inside 221B once he got the door open, and they stumbled over each other as they made their way to the loungeroom. They both flopped down into their respective chairs, breathing heavily and laughing breathlessly.

"What do you think she meant by 'don't be too loud'?" John asked, tugging off his coat and shoes.

"I think she still believes that we're a couple." Sherlock replied, sounding slightly nervous.

"She thinks we're gonna have-"

"Yep."

"Jesus... I need to go to sleep, mate. I've had an absolute day today."

"Of course." They both stood, walking towards their respective bedrooms. But then, John got an idea.

"Hey, uh..." They turned to face one another. "I don't know that I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'm still pretty shaken up from the past couple days." Sherlock nodded, walking towards John, his entire being shaking with concern and anticipation.

"As you should be. And I apologise again for drugging you."

John stepped closer to his flatmate.

"S' okay." John put a hand on Sherlock's shoulder.

"No, it's not-"

"Can I stay with you tonight?" Sherlock tensed, and John gripped his shoulder tighter. "I just... I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night screaming and have no one to help me."