Keepsake - Mystrade

The chapter after this is going to be a snapshot of a oneshot (hah) from another book I want to start

I hope that you'll like it when I write it and I really want to write this new book but I'm scared no one will read it

Also the song in this chapter is 'Keepsake' by The Dreggs. They're an Australian duo that I just saw live in concert. They're absolutely fantastic and I would definitely recommend them. Their music is really chilled and easy to listen to. I love their use of acoustic guitars

This one is really fricking adorable so here ya go

fLuFf

Greg's P.O.V

I was going on my first date in a long time. I was incredibly nervous, but even more excited. I straightened my coat and took a deep breath. I walked out my front door, locked it, and went to my car. I hopped in the front seat and drove to the restaurant we were meeting at. I was refraining from speeding; I just couldn't wait to get there.

I pulled up in the parking lot and took another deep breath. I readied myself and hopped out. I made my way over to the front door and headed in. I gave my date's name to the person at the front desk, and she led me to our table. I knew I was early, so I was shocked to see my date there already.

We smiled at each other and he stood to greet me. I didn't really know what to do. Handshake? Nah, that's not right. Hug? Not sure.

I wasn't able to think for long because he pulled me into a hug. We were in the back of the restaurant, away from people, which was good for both of us. He doesn't like people, and I like privacy.

I hugged him back and pushed my face gently into his neck. He smelled even nicer than he usually did. I didn't care if the hug was longer than a normal hug should be. It was nice to just be with him.

You might be wondering what our history is. It's not like we'd only just met. We'd known each other for 10 years at this point. I was married when we first met, and we didn't always get along. It took a few months for us to become friends, but once we did, it was like we'd known each other our whole lives. I fell in love quickly after that but hid it for years.

After the whole Eurus thing, I was constantly going over to his house to check on him. We got to know each other even more than we already did. I thought I had gotten over my feelings for him, but clearly, I was wrong. After a few months of me going over to see him, I eventually worked up the courage to ask him out. And thank god he said yes. If he didn't, I had no idea what would happen to our friendship.

We sat down across from one another and began a conversation.

"How's your day been so far, Gregory?" Myc asked. He seemed genuinely interested. I smiled back.

"Not super interesting, I suppose. Work was a bit boring, but I did have to break up a fight."

He titled his head. "What kind of fight?"

"Well, Anderson's wife apparently found out that he was cheating on her with Donavon, so his wife came in today and tried to beat the shit out of both of them. I had to break it up and she's taking Anderson to court, supposedly. It was honestly like a high school punch up."

"Cat claws..." He mumbled.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Exactly! It was honestly pathetic!" We laughed together for a bit before I shot his question back at him. "How was your day, then? Anything happen?"

"Well, if I told you, I'd have to kill." He chuckled. I smiled and shook my head. I placed my hand on the table in front of me, hoping that he'd take the hint and hold it.