Stressed - Mystrade/Johnlock

Here's part two for 'Half-Dead'

Greg's P.O.V

I was the most stressed I had been in a long time. I'm a police officer; I should be used to stress. I mean, I sort of am. But stress in the field is different from personal stress.

I was too busy pacing John and Sherlock's apartment to notice John walking towards me. He tapped me on the shoulder, and I nearly had a heart attack.

"Woah, mate! It's just me." He chuckled. I breathed a heavy sigh and sat down on the couch. He sat beside me, concern washing over his face. "What's got you so stressed?"

"You know..."

"Yeah but... you have no reason to be this freaked out."

I didn't respond. I just looked at my feet, stuffing my hands into my pockets.

"It'll be fine, Greg. You're a great guy and he'd be crazy not to like you."

I couldn't help but smile a little bit. No one really talks to me like that, and it felt nice. My ex-wife certainly never spoke like that.

"Thanks. I'm just nervous. I haven't done this in years..."

"What do you mean?"

"I haven't been on a date in years. My ex-wife never wanted to do that."

"Oh." I nodded shyly, not really knowing what else to say.

"Can I ask something?" I mumbled. John nodded. "What's it like?"

"What's what like?"

"Ya know... dating a Holmes? I'm nervous about tonight and I just want to be prepared."

John smiled, patting my shoulder. "It's not the easiest, but it's never dull. I don't know if I'm the best to ask, though. We've only been together for two days."

"But you've lived with him for seven years."

"You've known Mycroft for ten years!"

"True, but it's never been personal. It's been professional."

"Do you want him to ask you about yourself?"

I hadn't thought about that. No one really asks me about myself. No one asked me how I was. I was really hoping that Mycroft would, but I wasn't about to get my hopes up.

"No one does that."

"He might."

"I dunno..."

"Give it a chance, Greg. You've been talking about wanting to do this for years. If anyone is ready for this, it's you."

"God, I hope you're right."

*

I arrived at the address he gave me at the exact time we agreed on. As cliché as it sounds, my heart was beating uncomfortably fast as I got out of my car to greet him.

"Hello, Mr Holmes." I managed to choke out.

"Please, call me Mycroft."

"Okay." First name basis. Good to know. I mean, he always called me Gregory, but I was always too scared.

"This is a date, after all." He smiled. I blushed and walked to the passenger side. I opened the door, and he thanked me and hopped in. I breathed in and out a few times, calming myself the best I could. I got into the driver's seat and restarted the car.

*

The dinner went pretty well if I'm being honest. It took a while to get a conversation going, but I will say, I've always hated talking about work. But, I dunno. I felt like we could talk about anything and I'd be so interested and have a good time. I really hoped he felt a similar way.