The Luckiest (Cuddles Pt.2) - Mystade

This is a sequel to one part of an old story. 

I have accidentally created two extremely adorable children characters out of this chapter

You're welcome

I love them

3rd Person P.O.V

"But what if I said I didn't like children?"

"I'd say you're a liar. C'mon. You said you wanted to do this!"

"I do."

"Then stop complaining."

Mycroft sighed in response. He would finally be meeting his fiancé's children. And he was terrified. He knew, from what Greg had told him, that they were very nice boys. But that didn't seem to calm his nerves.

"Do you really think they'll like me?"

"I never shut up about you. I'm pretty sure they basically know you by now." Greg walked over to the dining table where his partner was sitting and laid his arms over his partner's shoulders. "They're going to love you. I promise."

"And they're still moving in with us?"

"Yep!" Mycroft had never seen Greg happier (other than when he said yes to Greg's proposal). "Only a little while longer now."

"It would be better if they could move in with us now."

"I know. The court said 15. Then they can make their own decisions."

"They should be able to now."

"I know, love. I know." Greg checked his watch and placed down his coffee mug. "Gotta go. I'm nearly late."

"Do you want me to drop you off?"

Usually, Greg would say 'no, I'll catch the train'. That was typically what happened every morning. But now that they were engaged, Greg decided to change up the routine.

"Sure. If you're free."

"I wouldn't have offered otherwise."

Neither of them mentioned the change in their schedule because they were both happy about it.

*

"Dad! Dad!"

"Yes?"

"When are we going home?"

"Soon, kiddo. Soon."

Greg's twin boys were in his office with him. August (who was born first. He's very proud of that), was sitting under his father's desk, rolling a pencil on the ground. He pushed the pencil over to Miles, who was lying face down on the carpet.

Both boys had ADHD, just like their dad, but they were diagnosed earlier in life. August at 5 and Miles at 9.

Miles presented differently to August. August was much more the typical case. He was energetic, lively, disruptive, constantly climbing on things, and spoke far too loudly.

Miles was extremely quiet, struggled in school, only learned to read at 7, and spoke far too quietly. Miles couldn't speak in full sentences until he was almost 7, and Greg always suspected that ADHD wasn't all he had.

Miles still didn't speak much. He didn't have to. He had an incredibly expressive face, and most people knew what he was thinking just by looking at him.

"Dad?" August hopped over to his pencil and started trying to draw on his brother's arm. "Who are we meeting again?"

"My partner."