Spider-Man - Johnlock

I have a playlist of a bunch of songs to write about and so I need to get through those

Also don't worry the person who wrote this song is now dating the guy that the song is about which is adorable <3

Sherlock's P.O.V

I have this friend. He shouldn't be friends with me, but he is. He's a rugby player, smart, and has a tone of friends. So, why is he friends with me? I don't know, and it's been too long, so I'm afraid to ask. I like him a lot, though, so I'm not going to ask. Ever. I should stop worrying about it. He likes me because he likes me, right?

Right??

*

I remember he had a girlfriend. She was nice. But there was something I didn't like about her. I don't know what it was. She always told me that she'd never do anything to hurt him. Then she cheated on him with his cousin. Real nice.

It wasn't until after they broke up that I realised why I never really liked her. Because I was... jealous of her. Which is super annoying. He's supposed to be my friend, so I can't 'like' him. But I do.

I bet if we kissed, it wouldn't be bad

I've never kissed someone before because I've never liked anyone else but John. But I don't really think it would be super bad. It could actually be good.

And I bet your hand fits right in my hand

I have really long fingers and John has normal-sized hands. I think it'd be nice to hold his hand. I think. I don't know shit. But I think it'd be nice.

We could share popcorn at the movies

Watch the brand-new Spider-Man

I tried asking him on a date, but I was so subtle that he didn't understand what I was trying to ask.

"Do you um... are you free after school?"

"Hm? Yeah. Why?" He was doing up his shoelaces after a rugby game. I was looming over him and trying to be invisible to the rest of his team.

"I got cinema tickets and my mum's busy, so I was wondering if you wanted to go with me." We hung out all the time, so why would this be any different? Well, it didn't seem different because I'm terrible at 'flirting'. I don't know how to do it, okay? It's impossible and I don't even know if he likes boys. And if he does like boys, does he like me? Because that's not guaranteed.

"Yeah, sounds good!" He stood up, and his head nearly bumped my shoulder – that's how short he is.

"You don't even know what's on." He looked up at my face and smiled.

"Doesn't matter. I get to hang out with you." He reached up and patted my shoulder. "I'll see you after school, yeah?"

"Yeah." My head slowly turned as he walked away, and then I realised I was in the boys' changing room by myself, which was not somewhere I wanted to be. Because it smells terrible, and it has no windows. I left after I snapped back to reality. He wanted to spend time with me. He actually wanted to. I shouldn't have been surprised. We are friends after all. But I was still shocked.

*

We bought one bucket of popcorn because it was all we could get. John said we could share it and I tried not to turn red. I let him pick where we sat, and we tried not to talk the whole time because of theatre etiquette. But there was so much happening that I just wanted to ask him what he thought. He'd sometimes lean over and whisper something to me, but the other groups were being much louder than us, so it ended up not mattering.